Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

18 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Good!  Much better than tossing them into dumpsters.

Tons of balcony furniture was definitely being thrown off the ship and straight into dumpsters at both San Juan and Nassau last week.

17 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I really don't understand why Celebrity has such a problem with the retreat area being so windy.  They're feeling their way on this issue, but haven't quite got it right yet.  On MSC in the Yacht Club, that deck is also in the front of the ship.  There are shady areas, areas with real tables and chairs, areas that are sheltered from the wind, a pool, a hot tub, a bar, and food offered at the bar.  Much better setup.

It is  quite perplexing...

On EDGE..new ship...the Rooftop area and the  Sunset Bar are too sunny, too windy and at times sooty!  Hoping for a better design on APEX!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

It is  quite perplexing...

On EDGE..new ship...the Rooftop area and the  Sunset Bar are too sunny, too windy and at times sooty!  Hoping for a better design on APEX!

We were in a suite on the Edge and we only sat in the shade.  They did have some areas of shade- we sat on a very comfortable couch in the shade   They did have other areas of the shade.

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We were in a suite on the Edge and we only sat in the shade.  They did have some areas of shade- we sat on a very comfortable couch in the shade   They did have other areas of the shade.

We weren't in a suite..There are shady areas out near the pool and in many other spots...outside EDEN and elsewhere,  but the whole upper outdoor  aft area was a write off for us...too sunny and windy....

Hoping for more shade next Nov ..We heard they have done something about the wind  but not sure what! We want to try the Rooftop Grill for lunch....and spend some time at the Sunset Bar ..maybe  while in port after sunset!

7 days on EDGE was not enough time to enjoy it all ....glad we are returning.

Not rushing back to Equinox til we hear more!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SerraG said:

There was no bar, but the service on the Retreat Sundeck was excellent.  There were generally one or two servers circulating at all times during the day.  We were there one evening for a while around 9-10pm and didn't see any staff then.  

There was a cocktail menu, but they also brought us some other things (San Pellegrino, pina colada, etc) to drink that were not on it.  There was a lunch menu too, which was available everyday including sea days.

I am happy to answer any other questions about The Retreat / suite experience.  

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3527.JPG

Serra, was this Equinox or another ship? Did you try any of the food items, did it take a long time to arrive? Did you have to chase the shade or sun as the day went on?

3 hours ago, hcat said:

We weren't in a suite..There are shady areas out near the pool and in many other spots...outside EDEN and elsewhere,  but the whole upper outdoor  aft area was a write off for us...too sunny and windy....

Hoping for more shade next Nov ..We heard they have done something about the wind  but not sure what! We want to try the Rooftop Grill for lunch....and spend some time at the Sunset Bar ..maybe  while in port after sunset!

7 days on EDGE was not enough time to enjoy it all ....glad we are returning.

Not rushing back to Equinox til we hear more!

You said you were not in a suite.  Did you got to use the retreat sundeck?  Just curious.....

I have been trying to view videos of the post revolution suites on youtube, but nobody has posted any yet.   If you happened to see a Royal Suite is it the same? New furniture? New anything?

The retreat menu is similar to the Edge suite deck-  But the deck is missing the nice pool, hot tub and bar.  

Edited by Cruise a holic

21 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I have been trying to view videos of the post revolution suites on youtube, but nobody has posted any yet.   If you happened to see a Royal Suite is it the same? New furniture? New anything?

The retreat menu is similar to the Edge suite deck-  But the deck is missing the nice pool, hot tub and bar.  

Seen pictures of CS which showed the same furnishings, flooring and carpet and balcony furniture...

We were never expecting a full refurbishment but thought we would have new carpets and curtains. It would appear they are changing the balcony furnishings bit by bit.

To be frank when we board our RS on Equinox in September we may be relieved if they have left them alone....If that wonderful cushioned sunbed is replaced by something chic but uncomfortable  I will not be happy!

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

Seen pictures of CS which showed the same furnishings, flooring and carpet and balcony furniture...

We were never expecting a full refurbishment but thought we would have new carpets and curtains. It would appear they are changing the balcony furnishings bit by bit.

To be frank when we board our RS on Equinox in September we may be relieved if they have left them alone....If that wonderful cushioned sunbed is replaced by something chic but uncomfortable  I will not be happy!

I'm with you!  Chic but uncomfortable is the stuff that needs to be tossed in the dumpsters.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

You said you were not in a suite.  Did you got to use the retreat sundeck?  Just curious.....

We were not at the Retreat ..just commenting on the windy area aft and lack of shade..in EDGE.  Not planning to book anything on EQ which used to be our fav along with Silhouette,

21 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Serra, was this Equinox or another ship? Did you try any of the food items, did it take a long time to arrive? Did you have to chase the shade or sun as the day went on?

This was on the Equinox.  We ate lunch up there one time and all of the items arrived promptly except the Luminae burger.  They had to actually cook the burger so it took about 15 minutes, but the wait was worth it. 🙂  I have attached photos of the shrimp cocktail and the burger.  

We we were not ever on the sundeck long enough to have to chase the shade.  When we ate lunch, we huddled under the awning at the front and the staff rearranged some furniture so we could eat there. 

570C01F9-890A-49F5-8D2C-370FD14208BB.jpeg

A22D4CA6-9AD3-41CD-874A-F5CA9ACD897C.jpeg

7F6A4403-3497-4444-AD1A-95C1302063F6.jpeg

7C65E92B-A42B-41E4-B6AA-A7C53EBB0331.jpeg

Edited by SerraG
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SerraG said:

This was on the Equinox.  We ate lunch up there one time and all of the items arrived promptly except the Luminae burger.  They had to actually cook the burger so it took about 15 minutes, but the wait was worth it. 🙂  I have attached photos of the shrimp cocktail and the burger.  

We we were not ever on the sundeck long enough to have to chase the shade.  When we ate lunch, we huddled under the awning at the front and the staff rearranged some furniture so we could eat there. 

570C01F9-890A-49F5-8D2C-370FD14208BB.jpeg

A22D4CA6-9AD3-41CD-874A-F5CA9ACD897C.jpeg

7F6A4403-3497-4444-AD1A-95C1302063F6.jpeg

7C65E92B-A42B-41E4-B6AA-A7C53EBB0331.jpeg

Good looking lunch, but y'all look like you have the place to yourselves!

That could work for port day relaxing, we like will stay on the ship in at least one port.

22 hours ago, chemmo said:

13 hours ago, chemmo said:

Thanks SerraG!

Look forward to enjoying!

Agree about comfort!  But would have liked new carpets and curtains.  Especially redoing the couch and chair upholstery.  The furniture itself is fine.  The sky suite on the edge had uncomfortable furniture and no table on balcony or in the cabin for breakfast.  Storage and bathroom however were fine.  

24 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Agree about comfort!  But would have liked new carpets and curtains.  Especially redoing the couch and chair upholstery.  The furniture itself is fine.  The sky suite on the edge had uncomfortable furniture and no table on balcony or in the cabin for breakfast.  Storage and bathroom however were fine.  

Yes, new upholstery would have been nice but I am more concerned about the balcony furnishings....We do enjoy time out there but do need a table at a decent height and size to eat at and somewhere comfortable to lie with our feet up!

We really fancy trying the Edge for ‘something different’ but both prices and room layouts are holding us back...Perhaps someone who has actually cruised will have some input on the Apex furnishings!

If you are on Equinox before us (September) we will look for your postings.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

A posting of a Royal Suite on social media shows the same table and lounger but the new style chairs with no foot stools. I wonder if they will be changed by November.

Where did you see the posting on the post revolution royal suite?  Only saw old videos on youtube

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Yes, new upholstery would have been nice but I am more concerned about the balcony furnishings....We do enjoy time out there but do need a table at a decent height and size to eat at and somewhere comfortable to lie with our feet up!

We really fancy trying the Edge for ‘something different’ but both prices and room layouts are holding us back...Perhaps someone who has actually cruised will have some input on the Apex furnishings!

If you are on Equinox before us (September) we will look for your postings.

Will be on the Equinox in August.

50 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Where did you see the posting on the post revolution royal suite?  Only saw old videos on youtube

I also saw what is being referred to on social media. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say which one, so I'll refrain.

Have any recent Equinox sailors attempted to hook up an iPad or laptop to the TV?  We just sailed on the revolutionized Summit and the TV system has changed with their major refurbishment. The new system no longer allowed us to change the HDMI input even with a Samsung remote.  According to an IT supervisor who came to our SS, the new system is no longer an "Apple" run system, but a different modem one. We have an upcoming sailing on Equinox and curious if the tv system was changed on the S ships which are not totally revolutionized like the M ships.

8 minutes ago, 39august said:

I am also interested in this answer. My husband will be hard to live with if he can't hook up his laptop!

My DH was very disappointed as I was. He downloaded many shows and movies from Netflix, Amazon, HBO, etc. There were at least 5 Celebrity sales channels, children/cartoon channels,  Food Network, Fox News and several sports channels. We only saw a few free On-Demand movies which we weren't interested in watching. I don't remember if there any other channels. We were limited to Food Network and Fox News. Fortunately our next cruise is on Eclipse before the Equinox.