Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

Here is our hump balcony cabin on deck 7.

I asked the stateroom attendant if we could get lounge chairs for the balcony, but he said no, there weren’t any available. He showed up about 9 PM with one, though.  He asked if we needed a second one but my husband said we were okay with one.  He’s getting a tip when I see him today 😃

3933ECF6-2BA0-4DD3-BB3B-3548C55488AA.jpeg

1 hour ago, chamima said:

And that place would be ............ ?

If I knew where that was I wouldn't have asked.

(I know it's for suite passengers - I'm wondering just what outdoor space was taken away from the rest of us)

The Solstice Deck (16) was taken away from others.  It was the area I used to visit when I could not get a lounger by the pool area.  It was up top toward the front of the ship.  It had some really comfortable chairs.

30 minutes ago, hiccups said:

I asked the stateroom attendant if we could get lounge chairs for the balcony, but he said no, there weren’t any available. He showed up about 9 PM with one, though.  He asked if we needed a second one but my husband said we were okay with one.  He’s getting a tip when I see him today 😃

What cabin is this?  Balcony pics? Is balcony larger ??

Liking what I see so far. Good bye orange and hello blues. 🙂  The Retreat Lounge looks great and so happy to see the bar unscathed. I'm not sure how I like the Retreat Sundeck - looks like they put partial canopies above several loungers for shade, but how well that works must depend upon the ship's direction. I prefer the deeper cushions on the loungers of the Edge Retreat, but hopefully the EQ loungers are comfortable too. It likely looks better in person and will be a nice place to hang out if one has a suite. 🙂

The pods look cozy and some look like a fun place to watch a movie.

So there is a sit at bar in the Retreat Lounge? I do not have access to facebook, so my viewing is limited to pics posted here.  The only pic I've seen of Sky Suite shows no new drapes. Odd. But so glad no Hoppen treatment in them. 

4 minutes ago, 39august said:

So there is a sit at bar in the Retreat Lounge? I do not have access to facebook, so my viewing is limited to pics posted here.  The only pic I've seen of Sky Suite shows no new drapes. Odd. But so glad no Hoppen treatment in them. 

See the 7th picture here:

Edited by vtcruising

1 minute ago, 39august said:

I can see only the picture of the Retreat sun deck. Have no clue how to see other pics. 

There is a little tiny arrow above the first lounger on the right - click on that. They are hard to see. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

Other than drapes and bedding, does not look like anything changed in the cabin.  Still the same orange/red type of carpet and the burnt orange sofa.  We are also in a Deck 7 hump in 2020.

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

See the 7th picture here:

Those comfy pads on the loungers were on EVERY SINGLE lounger on our recent Princess cruise, not just the ones for people in suites.

(The way they used to be on Celebrity)

They made those new, hard as a rock, loungers infinitely more comfortable.

Edited by chamima

2 hours ago, hiccups said:

Interesting that some cabins did get new carpeting and some did not.  I suspect that they will all eventually get the new carpeting.  They don't need to be in dry dock to do that.  In fact, on one cruise on Celebrity on Eclipse we came back to the cabin around 7:30 pm to find our cabin door open and our sofa upended and several workmen in there....reupholstering our sofa!!!  I can assure you that there were no stains or rips on the sofa.  It was an all white sofa and they changed it to what you see in this photo.  Back and cushions white and bottom base orange.  What annoyed me was we were not given ANY notice that this was going to be done!!  I understand things like washing the balconies, etc. but this surely wasn't something I should have anticipated.  And I really needed to get into our cabin!  We had to go kill an hour waiting for them to finish....

3 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Interesting that some cabins did get new carpeting and some did not.  I suspect that they will all eventually get the new carpeting.  They don't need to be in dry dock to do that.  In fact, on one cruise on Celebrity on Eclipse we came back to the cabin around 7:30 pm to find our cabin door open and our sofa upended and several workmen in there....reupholstering our sofa!!!  I can assure you that there were no stains or rips on the sofa.  It was an all white sofa and they changed it to what you see in this photo.  Back and cushions white and bottom base orange.  What annoyed me was we were not given ANY notice that this was going to be done!!  I understand things like washing the balconies, etc. but this surely wasn't something I should have anticipated.  And I really needed to get into our cabin!  We had to go kill an hour waiting for them to finish....

That's what I was thinking. Maybe they did certain decks or certain classes (AQ?) and will continue to work on it. The AQ one looked nice. Hope the orange will be gone in all of them eventually! 🙂

They probably ran out of time and the lesser of two evils was to sail on time without every cabin completed.

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, blueboro said:

Other than drapes and bedding, does not look like anything changed in the cabin.  Still the same orange/red type of carpet and the burnt orange sofa.  We are also in a Deck 7 hump in 2020.

From what I can gather on the Facebook page, concierge and Aqua class cabins received new carpeting and sofa reupholstered too. The reds are all gone from those cabins. Regular balcony cabins didn't get carpet or the sofa change.

according to reports, regular balconies did get new bedding (including mattresses), artwork and drapes. 

12 minutes ago, Citymom92 said:

From what I can gather on the Facebook page, concierge and Aqua class cabins received new carpeting and sofa reupholstered too. The reds are all gone from those cabins. Regular balcony cabins didn't get carpet or the sofa change.

according to reports, regular balconies did get new bedding (including mattresses), artwork and drapes. 

Thanks! Any word on whether they have plans to gradually redo the carpet and sofas for regular verandas (and ? OV's and Insides)?

Edited by vtcruising

I seem to remember that about 2 years ago, Celebrity made an announcement (probably before they announced the Revolution) that in the next few years, all their ships would get better closet space.  I assumed that it would be part of the next, ie Revolution, dry dock.  I'm on the ship in August and kind of bummed about that, since to me, that was the biggest problem in the balcony rooms.

3 hours ago, Pier290 said:

What cabin is this?  Balcony pics? Is balcony larger ??

I don’t wish to share the cabin number while we’re on board.  We’re in a regular veranda, not AQ or concierge, so I would agree those categories of veranda cabins got more of a refresh.  This is our first cruise with X so we decided to stay with the “entry level” veranda and see what we thought before we moved up to other categories.  Here’s the balcony, with pictures taken from opposite corners.

763792A1-ABD3-453B-8253-7CAD9A61663C.jpeg

C26C7FC4-9D18-42C5-BE0A-4175200B4F69.jpeg

Edited by hiccups
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

"Any news on Sky Suites? They were supposedly doing new mattresses and new balcony furniture. "

This is the only sky suite picture I've seen (it is blown up) - posted above (#428) - not sure if  much is different in this suite? The balcony table looks like it might be a different one? I've been in an S1 (corner aft) on Eclipse, not EQ, so unsure.

image.png.ba08ed0aef1f4bf5b6785393886385fe.png

Edited by vtcruising

Our concierge room is completely redone. 

New carpet, draperies, table,  sofa reupholstered, new mattress, bedding and plush bath towels. Our hump cabin has new balcony furniture but no foot stools. Asked for 2 loungers, no problem they appeared 15 minutes later. 

Everything looks refreshed and many areas have a new ship feel. 

Staff has been wonderful, great service !  Music abounds and excellent artists. 

Had dinner last night at Sushi on Five, unlimited dining for $30pp. It was a very enjoyable evening. Tonight we are checking at Le Petit Chef. Have been to it on the Silhouette twice and thought the food quality was excellent. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mari10 said:

Our concierge room is completely redone. 

New carpet, draperies, table,  sofa reupholstered, new mattress, bedding and plush bath towels. Our hump cabin has new balcony furniture but no foot stools. Asked for 2 loungers, no problem they appeared 15 minutes later. 

Everything looks refreshed and many areas have a new ship feel. 

Staff has been wonderful, great service !  Music abounds and excellent artists. 

Had dinner last night at Sushi on Five, unlimited dining for $30pp. It was a very enjoyable evening. Tonight we are checking at Le Petit Chef. Have been to it on the Silhouette twice and thought the food quality was excellent. 

Sushi on 5 unlimited for $30pp? Put that in my veins immediately, please.

Edited by Greenymac

1 hour ago, Greenymac said:

Sushi on 5 unlimited for $30pp? Put that in my veins immediately, please

We have been for lunch on several occasions, but this was the first time for dinner. It was very relaxing and before we knew it 2 1/2 hours passed by. A very nice way to begin a cruise!