Equinox Revolution

Jim_Iain

16 hours ago, spiff2 said:

August 31st will be my third trip on the Equinox. I have tried the Aqua cabins. Loved that the Persian Gardens where included but now I just pay the extra charge for it. The food at Blu was good but I thought it was extremely cliquish, Like being back in high school, if you were not part of the in crowd you were look down on. I have gone the Concierge cabin route but thought the few perks were not worth it. This time I am trying the hump that people rave about. But it will take a lot to knock just a plain old aft cabin out of first place.

Just finished our first cruise on X on Equinox, and had a "hump" cabin (7264--I posted pictures earlier in the thread).  We really liked the large balcony and the ability to have a lounger out there.

13 hours ago, vtcruising said:

The World Class Bar looks fun!

That is the $35 Mixology class.  My husband liked the selection of scotches at the bar, but the drinks are pretty limited--they only stock what's on their menu (you can't even get a bottle of water there).  Very nice atmosphere, though, and usually not crowded.

5 hours ago, hiccups said:

Just finished our first cruise on X on Equinox, and had a "hump" cabin (7264--I posted pictures earlier in the thread).  We really liked the large balcony and the ability to have a lounger out there.

I noticed that your "hump" cabin is close to the entraceway to The Hideaway (I think that is what it is called on the Equinox). Is there an automatic door into that area that might mask any noise from the  atrium area? Thinking of booking a cabin in the same area on deck 8 and wanted to make sure that it wasn't noisy. I understand that there are several functions in the atrium area with loud music and wondered if noise was a problem in your cabin area.

We are on board the Equinox right now in a Celebrity Suite and as far as I can tell, it is identical to the one we were in two years ago. 

The biggest change we have noticed so far was in Micheal’s Club (now called The Retreat Lounge).  I know this is just a matter of personal taste, but our entire group misses the old version.  It used to be an intimate, cozy spot but now it is so bright and modern.  My husband said he felt like he was in an operating room.  

DED211CD-024F-4C12-9D9F-8AF2F0E04BB5.jpeg

B366E3F3-FADB-4EB2-BB20-A2CFC32D89D3.jpeg

CCEA2C03-7615-4329-810F-DD1ED6164D35.jpeg

Edited by SerraG
A word
  • Like 2

"We are on board the Equinox right now in a Celebrity Suite and as far as I can tell, it is identical to the one we were in two years ago. 

The biggest change we have noticed so far was in Micheal’s Club (now called The Retreat Lounge).  I know this is just a matter of personal taste, but our entire group misses the old version.  It used to be an intimate, cozy spot but now it is so bright and modern.  My husband said he felt like he was in an operating room. "

Thanks, SerraG, for the report! It appeared that the CS was the same in pictures, but is the bed or the balcony furniture new?

I like the looks of the Retreat Lounge, but understand that it must have a different feel. Glad to see the coolers of sodas and waters. How is the bar service and concierge service? How do you like the Retreat Sundeck? I assume that there isn't a free standing bar there (or at least didn't see one). How is the drink service there?

Thanks! Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by vtcruising

15 minutes ago, colliercruiser said:

Didn't you at least get the new mattress & linens in the CS?

I am not sure about the mattress and linens. The mattress is probably new. I noticed it is very hard and I don’t remember thinking about that last time were here. 

1C702FF3-DB46-4040-9787-507A9A791262.jpeg

• Like 1

Question..... for the Captains cocktail 'hour'... is it still in the Sky lounge? Also, is it offered in some or all of the other bars? They did this on Edge.. and I recall an email about this benefit...but I can't seem to locate it.  

As a separate note... I know these days everyone seems to like to paint wood work white and have white kitchens... but I am old school... I love the look of rich dark wood accented with brass sconces etc... naval themed art work... I agree that Michaels looks like the waiting room where my husband does for physical therapy. But regardless... I know I will enjoy the refreshed spaces. To be honest I was never crazy about the lacquered white and chrome main dinning rooms on S class... always made me think of Vegas Elvis.... but I enjoyed the meals, service and company regardless of decor.

I am kinda glad they didn't get around to replacing part of sky lounge with suites... my favorite place on S class... just after sitting along the rail by the Martini bar.... hope any new seats are not too low or too deep. :)

29 minutes ago, kearney said:

Question..... for the Captains cocktail 'hour'... is it still in the Sky lounge? Also, is it offered in some or all of the other bars? They did this on Edge.. and I recall an email about this benefit...but I can't seem to locate it.  

I did see that they were having a Captain’s Club cocktail hour for elite and up tonight in the sky lounge.  I don’t know if you can use your benefit at other bars.  (We aren’t elite yet and have a beverage package.)

Edited by SerraG

44 minutes ago, SerraG said:

I think our balcony furniture is still the old style. However, we are in San Juan right now and there is a giant pile of old balcony furniture being thrown into dumpsters on the dock.  

The chairs are different (lighter color and don't appear to recline) and there are no footstools. The table and padded lounger look the same as the one we were in a few years ago. Glad they kept the lounger, but sad that they were probably throwing those footstools in the dumpster.

Thanks for the pictures!

Edited by vtcruising

3 hours ago, FishOn55 said:

I noticed that your "hump" cabin is close to the entraceway to The Hideaway (I think that is what it is called on the Equinox). Is there an automatic door into that area that might mask any noise from the  atrium area? Thinking of booking a cabin in the same area on deck 8 and wanted to make sure that it wasn't noisy. I understand that there are several functions in the atrium area with loud music and wondered if noise was a problem in your cabin area.

We were near what is still called Team Earth.  There are sliding glass doors into the hallway where the hump cabins are.  There was one time we could still hear (or more likely, feel) the music in the evening, but it was only once.  I think the other evenings they finished up a bit earlier. 

The other thing to be aware of is the closet right outside the cabin next door, so sometimes you can hear when the cabin attendants go in and out to get something.  It was never so early or so late that it bothered us, but you could hear it.

Edited by hiccups

Good day.

any news or images of the added Alcoves onto Equinox?

we enjoyed Silhouette Alcoves. Last time on Equinox we noticed not Alcoves, but with dry dock, did they get added and if yes, anyone comment on services if you book one?

Thanks in advance for details and/or photos.

Greatly appreciated.

4 minutes ago, TheCount said:

Good day.

any news or images of the added Alcoves onto Equinox?

we enjoyed Silhouette Alcoves. Last time on Equinox we noticed not Alcoves, but with dry dock, did they get added and if yes, anyone comment on services if you book one?

Thanks in advance for details and/or photos.

Greatly appreciated.

This video has a nice close up of the inside:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SerraG said:

I think our balcony furniture is still the old style. However, we are in San Juan right now and there is a giant pile of old balcony furniture being thrown into dumpsters on the dock.  

57F8A350-E922-4AE4-8B91-EDF6B83AC8AF.jpeg

60CA0265-BE8B-4CCC-B58F-576AABD09BCE.jpeg

It is a reflection or do I see the adjoining balcony?

20 hours ago, SerraG said:

I am not sure about the mattress and linens. The mattress is probably new. I noticed it is very hard and I don’t remember thinking about that last time were here. 

1C702FF3-DB46-4040-9787-507A9A791262.jpeg

I really hope it is not hard. The one on the EDGE was like concrete.

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, SerraG said:

We are on board the Equinox right now in a Celebrity Suite and as far as I can tell, it is identical to the one we were in two years ago. 

The biggest change we have noticed so far was in Micheal’s Club (now called The Retreat Lounge).  I know this is just a matter of personal taste, but our entire group misses the old version.  It used to be an intimate, cozy spot but now it is so bright and modern.  My husband said he felt like he was in an operating room.  

DED211CD-024F-4C12-9D9F-8AF2F0E04BB5.jpeg

B366E3F3-FADB-4EB2-BB20-A2CFC32D89D3.jpeg

CCEA2C03-7615-4329-810F-DD1ED6164D35.jpeg

I sure like that better than on Edge, but just my personal opinion!

5 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

I really hope it is not hard. The one on the EDGE was like concrete.

Just ask for an egg crate to make it a little softer.  I loved the mattress on Edge, but it did have an egg crate on it too.  Although, firm is so much better for my back...I hope you still have a few more nights left to try the crate!

Edited by Lastdance