Jump to content

Equinox Revolution


Jim_Iain
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Have you tried hooking up your device up to the new TV? We were on the Summit in May with the new TV's and didn't have any luck hooking up our iPad as we've always done in the past.

Look above on this page

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Have you tried hooking up your device up to the new TV? We were on the Summit in May with the new TV's and didn't have any luck hooking up our iPad as we've always done in the past.

Nope - I didn't bring anything to hook up this time.  My friend did, and I think I'm taking a look at it tomorrow.  Will post what I find out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/7/2019 at 5:06 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

 

If there is any sort of "tub" or pool hygiene regulations require that a shower is next to the tub or pool.  That allows everyone to shower BEFORE they get into the tub or pool.   I hate it when people don't follow the requirement to shower before getting into any tub or pool.  All of the lotions, oils and perspiration can overload the chlorination system. 

This from the guy who pees in the pool! The very definition of irony 🙂 I laughed till I cried

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question for abbydancer or itsanita or anyone else who has sailed post-revolution:

 

Do you notice any loss of space or difficulty finding seats either inside Sky Lounge as a result of its shrinkage or deck chairs due to the new Retreat taking away an open deck formerly available to all?

We always used the forward Sun Deck when travelling Aqua in the past so have some concern.

Currently booked Aqua for Feb. 2021 and hoping the changes are not too "in your face".

Thanks for any input or comments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Question for abbydancer or itsanita or anyone else who has sailed post-revolution:

 

Do you notice any loss of space or difficulty finding seats either inside Sky Lounge as a result of its shrinkage or deck chairs due to the new Retreat taking away an open deck formerly available to all?

We always used the forward Sun Deck when travelling Aqua in the past so have some concern.

Currently booked Aqua for Feb. 2021 and hoping the changes are not too "in your face".

Thanks for any input or comments.

We disembarked the Equinox on 8/3/19 from suite accommodations.

 

The Sky Lounge was not remodeled due to insufficient dry dock time. It is scheduled to be reduced by about 40% during the next dry dock in 2021. With the exception of the Silent Disco and Captain's Club Events, even this change shouldn't affect space too much. Most of the space in the Sky Lounge is completely empty during the day.

 

There were very few people at any given time on the Retreat Sundeck. The were few available loungers at the pool, in the solarium, and around the ship, especially on sea days, but they could be found. I noticed that as early as 8AM, chairs were being reserved with towels or belongings.

 

I also noticed that the veranda at the bow of the ship on 15 just below the Retreat Sundeck was often less crowded and quiet. The same is true for the Spa veranda in front of the gym on deck 12. I would consider these places as a great alternative to find quiet since the Revolution.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello! I booked Equinox SS1 all excited by the revolution.  I know some don’t love the modern look but I loved the grey/white modern decor, carpet etc in the revolution announcement sketches. But if I am reading correctly, the SS1 and CS didn’t change at all?  Except a mattress? Why did X say every suite is being reimagined? Is the bathroom the same too?  

 

I agree... seems like false advertising and a reason to raise rates.  Why put out photos and make a big deal if the ship isn’t really redone, especially the cabins?  Just call it a dry dock, instead of raising all this anticipation of the ship’s looking like the Edge... when they won’t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2019 at 10:16 AM, vtcruising said:

That is sad. I had heard that someone else got loungers, so hopefully it will be like the Edge. Many of us in S1's complained and now all can have loungers. Happy to see the bigger table for room service!

Hello!  Were you in an S1?  Was anything at all changed? It looked like even the couch and carpet were unchanged a bit run down?  Thanks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, lawgirl said:

Hello! I booked Equinox SS1 all excited by the revolution.  I know some don’t love the modern look but I loved the grey/white modern decor, carpet etc in the revolution announcement sketches. But if I am reading correctly, the SS1 and CS didn’t change at all?  Except a mattress? Why did X say every suite is being reimagined? Is the bathroom the same too?  

 

I agree... seems like false advertising and a reason to raise rates.  Why put out photos and make a big deal if the ship isn’t really redone, especially the cabins?  Just call it a dry dock, instead of raising all this anticipation of the ship’s looking like the Edge... when they won’t. 

It was definitely not Celebrity's intention to skip any of the Revolution.  While the accident mentioned in the article below involved a Royal Caribbean Ship, what it effectively did was ruin the dock that the Equinox was scheduled to use for its dry dock.  With no other local options, the Equinox traveled to Spain to do the required dry dock and only some of the Revolution was accomplished.

 

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/os-ne-erane-accident-royal-carribean-bahamas-20190401-story.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The suites were not redone and the suite retreat did not get the hot tub because of the shortened dry dock caused by the accident prior to the dock in the Bahamas that necessitated Equinox going to Spain for some of the work.

Thanks for the info.  We aren’t cruising for a year... maybe they will at least change out some things in the suites by then...like the couch.  The cruise price for my S1 was kind of high, so I hope they do something to the suites.  Glad no one was hurt...that accident looked terrible! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was on the Edge in November, and the balcony cabins don't really look anything like the rooms on the Edge, at least in Aqua, so maybe new mattress only (new mattresses were loaded in San Juan on Monday).

 

As mentioned no changes to Sky Lounge, and pretty empty much of the time.

 

As far as the TV - apparently,  if your device connects with HDMI - you turn off the tv (on the bottom, and plug in your device.  Then turn it on and hold the power button.  A menu will come up and keep pressing to get to source.  Then select HDMI one and away you go.  Apparently a universal samsung remote can do the same.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, abbydancer said:

As far as the TV - apparently,  if your device connects with HDMI - you turn off the tv (on the bottom, and plug in your device.  Then turn it on and hold the power button.  A menu will come up and keep pressing to get to source.  Then select HDMI one and away you go.  Apparently a universal samsung remote can do the same.

 

 

Thank you for checking - DH can't live without his Netflix & HBO!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question about the celebrity app.on Equinox. When we were on Edge... we were able (sometimes) to use the text app on the iphone to text off the ship via the wifi used for the app. Now it worked for DH throughout the cruise.. but not so for me. I understood that this was something of a glitch... Wondered if anyone on Equinox using this new app tried to text off ship using an iphone and if they were successful? Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...