Can I do laundry while cruising in South Pacific

justlindal1

I thought I read self laundry  could not be done while cruising in the South Pacific when cruising around the islands, and now I don't remember where I read it.  We are on the Star Princess 28 day cruise,.  Does anyone know if this is true?  thank you

Yes justlindal1, you can do your laundry in the self service laundries which are situated on the decks where there are only cabins only - on the Star Princess decks 8-12 I think. Check the deck plans on the Princess website. You use your cruise card to purchase tokens from a machine in the laundry. The cost is around $3 per wash and dryer loads. You can purchase detergent from the machine as well. We usually take our own so I'm not sure of the cost.

Enjoy your cruise. 

Leigh

1 hour ago, justlindal1 said:

Thank you possum 52.  However I really wanted to know if I can wash while in the South Pacific. I thought I read the waters were protected and laundry couldn't be done.  

You heard wrong. The ships' laundry is open. Modern cruise ships do not discharge dirty water or trash into the ocean. Just think of the many table cloths, towels and bed linens needed. They will all be washed in whatever ocean the ship cruises.

6 hours ago, justlindal1 said:

Thank you possum 52.  However I really wanted to know if I can wash while in the South Pacific. I thought I read the waters were protected and laundry couldn't be done.  

Sorry, I should read posts correctly. As Floridana said, you can wash while cruising in the South Pacific.

Leigh