ATW2021 info just posted

cbb

11 minutes ago, cbb said:

I talked with the Future Cruise agent yesterday about this and she went over it in detail. Very similar to the one we're on now, with a few different ports, a few different overnights and the shoreside events in different cities. 2 of the shoreside events look great (Livorno and Dublin).

Those of us on the current world cruise can book on February 12. The public bookings open February 13.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

thanks GoBucks-- did you notice Abu Simbel and Istanbul?

Curious how they would get passengers there....overlands?  Also curious if O goes to Luxor if the "pyramids and meet the ship" is one of the overlands offered from there. 

we'd be only interested in segments, I'm thinking.  Thanks for your help.

Just now, cbb said:

thanks GoBucks-- did you notice Abu Simbel and Istanbul?

Curious how they would get passengers there....overlands?  Also curious if O goes to Luxor if the "pyramids and meet the ship" is one of the overlands offered from there. 

we'd be only interested in segments, I'm thinking.  Thanks for your help.

We didn't discuss overlands....but 3 days and 2 overnights in Istanbul is nice. 

docmark--details will be posted on O's website Feb 7, reservations begin on Feb 13.  This was just a youtube tease.  Looks like it is mostly a repeat of ATW19 with a few additions/changes.

Edited by cbb

We had several shore side events ATW16 and O has continued the tradition.  They have been pretty amazing.  ATW20 is lunch on an estancia out of Montevideo, dinner at the Taj Cape Town, Monk Ceremony in Rangoon, Cantonese Opera in Hong Kong, and Arima Onsen (several events planned here in Kobe)

Just now, cbb said:

We had several shore side events ATW16 and O has continued the tradition.  They have been pretty amazing.  ATW20 is lunch on an estancia out of Montevideo, dinner at the Taj Cape Town, Monk Ceremony in Rangoon, Cantonese Opera in Hong Kong, and Arima Onsen (several events planned here in Kobe)

I guess if you like that sort of  thing it is probably AMAZING 😉

do not do ship's tours  so cannot imagine  an event with hundreds ashore

YMMV

Palakika,

I just returned home from running errands and saw the ATW21 itinerary.  Mostly a repeat of 2019 I think but like you I'm interested in Instanbul.  We've tried 2x and the port has been cancelled 2x!!!  May take a land tour which would also get us to Cappadochia. 

Will also look at a Nile River cruise since O has cancelled Cairo on us more than once (that whole Arab Spring thing) but we won't be taking 2021.  The segments that begin in Mumbai and head west are wonderful--we did Mumbai to Rome this spring and it is one of my faves ever.

Cbb..gotta do those errands!  Have done India coast ports, middle East ports, but haven't seen Petra and Israel.  We were in Egypt for a month in the 80s as Dave was lecturing at Cairo Univ.  We got to go everywhere as it was quite safe at that time.  It is a fascinating country!  Iceland and Greenland look interesting on new cruise. I agree, there should be some good segments.

Palakika--sounds like an awesome way to see Egypt!

did the shorex to petra with O this past spring and our guide repeated "slowly slowly" many times.  At the rate we were slowly slowly going i knew dave & i wouldn't see as much as we wanted.  So we told him we'd meet him where lunch was to be and took off.  To be fair, the private guides were saying exactly the same thing!!

We recognized the need to go slowly on the walkway but just a little too slow for us.  But wow...what is not to love about Petra!  UAE was cool but I don't need to repeat the ports.

Jerusalem was the same slow walk except this time it was because of the crowds.  We were there on a day which is evidently "bar mitzvah"  day so there were tons of 13 year old boys and extended family singing and hoisting 13 yr olds on shoulders--cool to see but hard to navigate!!! 

Edited by cbb

10 hours ago, palakika said:

Cbb..gotta do those errands!  Have done India coast ports, middle East ports, but haven't seen Petra and Israel.  We were in Egypt for a month in the 80s as Dave was lecturing at Cairo Univ.  We got to go everywhere as it was quite safe at that time.  It is a fascinating country!  Iceland and Greenland look interesting on new cruise. I agree, there should be some good segments.

I've been to Iceland quite a few times...one of my very favorite places! 

Was in Quaqartoq (forget true spelling), Greenland...very special!  Nothing like it.

CBB - That was a wonderful cruise - Mumbai to Rome.  I don't think we were on the tour with you to Petra but our guide was doing the same thing.  We left him too and looked around ourselves.  The Israel guide talked non stop for 10 hours so that was also a little much.  But all the rest were informative and interesting.

Deus--

we must have had the same guide--was he also cranky?  I thought perhaps it was just ours, but 2 people with 2 different private guides told me they did not like theirs either.  Perhaps it was trying to move us through the crowds.....