Tour A vs Tour B?

Vineyard View

I have narrowed down our two options to two companies, Bumpiing and Anton. After researching Dominica, I find that there are more places We would enjoy seeing than one day will allow us. So for those who have been, these are the options. I would appreciate your thoughts and I thank you

A - Trafalgar Twin Falls, Wotton Waver Sulpher Springs, Emerald Pool, and then either Mero Black Sands Beach or Champagne Reef

B - champagne reef or sourfriere Bubble beach, Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls, Botanocal Garden Drive Through on return

Edited by Vineyard View

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the feedback. We booked with Bumpiing. He volunteered to ‘swim’ through the gorge with our non-strong swimmer in the group so that he would be able to  assist if needed. That was a pretty big piece to our decision. Both groups receive very high ratings. We do not travel until October, but would be happy to post back if anyone is interested. 

• 7 months later...
On 3/8/2019 at 9:10 AM, Vineyard View said:

Both groups receive very high ratings. We do not travel until October, but would be happy to post back if anyone is interested. 

Yes please Vineyard I'd love it if you'd report back. We are going in Feb 20 and are thinking of doing this tour. 3 couples ranging from 56-72. All moderately active with some of the usual knee or feet issues that come from age. Looking at Roseau Valley Treasures tour. Looking forward to your review! Thanks

I've done both of these tours with Levi. Both tours are great. Last time I did Roseau Valley Treasures Tour(B) great tour swam through Titou Gorge water was refreshing. Have great pictures of Botanical garden I will find them. 

Did Tour A about 8 years ago another great tour swimming in Emerald pool was AWESOME. 

It really doesn't matter which tour you take I would take tour A, GREAT market in parking area of Emerald Pool that's a nice place. You'll have a very memorable time whichever you choose. Have fun Todd

On 10/15/2019 at 4:43 AM, udamom said:

Yes please Vineyard I'd love it if you'd report back. We are going in Feb 20 and are thinking of doing this tour. 3 couples ranging from 56-72. All moderately active with some of the usual knee or feet issues that come from age. Looking at Roseau Valley Treasures tour. Looking forward to your review! Thanks

You want tour A with Levi Baron. Only way to go.

14 hours ago, TTEllis said:

You want tour A with Levi Baron. Only way to go.

Thanks TTEllis. Shoot I have already emailed asked about Roseau Valley treasures tour. Haven't booked it yet though so I guess I could ask to change. May I ask why tour A is better? Just for reference not at all interested in craft markets or shopping just seeing the island (I'm aware most tours stop by one of those market kinda places and we are fine with that. I just don't buy souvenirs while on cruises so it is not a part of a tour I care about) Thanks fopr the info and glad to hear you recommend Levi 

4 hours ago, udamom said:

Thanks TTEllis. Shoot I have already emailed asked about Roseau Valley treasures tour. Haven't booked it yet though so I guess I could ask to change. May I ask why tour A is better? Just for reference not at all interested in craft markets or shopping just seeing the island (I'm aware most tours stop by one of those market kinda places and we are fine with that. I just don't buy souvenirs while on cruises so it is not a part of a tour I care about) Thanks fopr the info and glad to hear you recommend Levi 

It doesn't matter which tour I just liked the Emerald Pool. Don't re-book anything your going to have a great time on the Roseau Valley Tour, have fun!!

Edited by TTEllis

7 hours ago, udamom said:

Hey mom, your going next Feb., your going to have a great day on Dominica. On the walk down to Tralfagar put your feet in the hot mud it's WONDERFUL, you'll figure it out. Dominica is a work in progress one of the most beautiful islands in the Caribbean altogether. 

Take a good camera I did I have great pictures of THIS tour and will post them soon sorry I did not see this thread sooner better late than never I guess. 

Levi is a total PRO, the guy is hands down as good as it get's. Nice NEW van, I'm always solo when I'm with Levi so I get to ride shotgun!!😊

Best tour on Dominica. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in responding. We returned from our trip to power shutoff, wildfire, and evacuation (again, happened two years ago as well), so this is my first time on CC. I have to say, first responders and firefighters are nothing short of heroes. 

Our day with Levi in Dominica was the best. Such a beautiful island. I am convinced that the only any to see it is private - and with Levi. They are still recovering from their own natural disasters so In reading TTEllis great comments and suggestions I believe some things have changed (no mud baths at the falls anymore and the botanical garden was basically wiped out). We were a small group I pulled together of 6 and that worked really well. 

The snorkeling at Champagne beach was a fun experience. It is unique to swim through warm bubbles escaping from underground, and there were different corals than we saw at other islands. It is still recovering but it was a good part of the tour. 

Titou Gorge was an amazing experience. The water was running harder than usual according to Levi. My husband is not a strong swimmer and Levi stayed with him the entire time. Swimming through a narrow filled with tropical plants overhead, and finding yourself inside an open Cavern with a waterfall was very unique and special. Floating back down on my back with a small view of sky and lots of beautiful plants above me - stamped to memory. 

The Traflager falls were really pretty. Levi showed us a picture of where we were pre hurricane and while it didn’t appear to have any damage to our eyes, when we saw the before picture it was pretty startling to see the difference. The mud baths were wiped out, and many trees were as well. Levi shared with us these types of insides throughout the day. For a first time visitor, it all looked lush and pristine.....only someone who has been prior would see the changes. 

We chose Rosseau over the Emerald Pool experience after a bit of discussion with Levi. The roads up into the rain forest are very narrow and winding. The trip to Emerald pool was a much longer drive. I know it would have been a beautiful experience as well, but we are genuinely grateful we chose Rosseau and would not hesitate to book that experience. I asked Levi about our choice that day....he responded that the Titou Gorge is such a unique experience that it would be hard to find that elsewhere. 

Either way, hands down book Levi. He is the most kind, conscientious, knowledgeable guide you will find. He is without doubt a very good person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2019 at 3:49 PM, Vineyard View said:

Sorry for the delay in responding. We returned from our trip to power shutoff, wildfire, and evacuation (again, happened two years ago as well), so this is my first time on CC. I have to say, first responders and firefighters are nothing short of heroes. 

Our day with Levi in Dominica was the best. Such a beautiful island. I am convinced that the only any to see it is private - and with Levi. They are still recovering from their own natural disasters so In reading TTEllis great comments and suggestions I believe some things have changed (no mud baths at the falls anymore and the botanical garden was basically wiped out). We were a small group I pulled together of 6 and that worked really well. 

The snorkeling at Champagne beach was a fun experience. It is unique to swim through warm bubbles escaping from underground, and there were different corals than we saw at other islands. It is still recovering but it was a good part of the tour. 

Titou Gorge was an amazing experience. The water was running harder than usual according to Levi. My husband is not a strong swimmer and Levi stayed with him the entire time. Swimming through a narrow filled with tropical plants overhead, and finding yourself inside an open Cavern with a waterfall was very unique and special. Floating back down on my back with a small view of sky and lots of beautiful plants above me - stamped to memory. 

The Traflager falls were really pretty. Levi showed us a picture of where we were pre hurricane and while it didn’t appear to have any damage to our eyes, when we saw the before picture it was pretty startling to see the difference. The mud baths were wiped out, and many trees were as well. Levi shared with us these types of insides throughout the day. For a first time visitor, it all looked lush and pristine.....only someone who has been prior would see the changes. 

We chose Rosseau over the Emerald Pool experience after a bit of discussion with Levi. The roads up into the rain forest are very narrow and winding. The trip to Emerald pool was a much longer drive. I know it would have been a beautiful experience as well, but we are genuinely grateful we chose Rosseau and would not hesitate to book that experience. I asked Levi about our choice that day....he responded that the Titou Gorge is such a unique experience that it would be hard to find that elsewhere. 

Either way, hands down book Levi. He is the most kind, conscientious, knowledgeable guide you will find. He is without doubt a very good person. 

AWESOME review, thank you so much. 

Levi is the best he's just a great guy. I really need to get back to the island. Thought I would give it another year and head back this time next year, which may give it a little more time to rebuild. 

Thanks for the great review, sounds like Levi hasn't changed a bit. That's great!