the buzz right before booking a cruise

havanadaydreaming

my wife and I are about to book a cruise, almost certainly on Carnival.   does anyone else get a heightened level of excitement right before booking?

I am late to the cruising game, only starting earlier this decade.  My wife has been cruising since the 80s.  My first three cruises were on Carnival - so it was all I knew.  Then, we booked a NCL cruise since I am a huuuuuuuge Parrothead and it had a Margaritaville at Sea onboard.  Our last three cruises were on either NCL or MSC, it was really hard to come close to matching their deals during the timeframes we were sailing. 

During those few years I've accumulated a MESS of Carnival Gift Cards ($1200 or so) and I can't wait to get back on onboard!!! I have enjoyed all the cruiselines we've been on but there's something about your "first love", no? 

• Like 1

I have been on a cruise high since I booked mine back in October 2017. We are cruising this coming April......79 days to go.......and I have been excited the whole time. Maybe because this will be my first one. But I cannot wait!!

Have a good time on your cruise!

44 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said:

my wife and I are about to book a cruise, almost certainly on Carnival.   does anyone else get a heightened level of excitement right before booking?

Sure do.  Two things make me extremely agitated - not having a beef tenderloin and an Italian Cream Cake in the freezer, and not having a cruise booked.

Happy sailing.

44 minutes ago, havanadaydreaming said: