MORE very bad changes made on Princess ships????

Wishing on a star

39 minutes ago, Ferd Berfle said:

Some people just can't be happy, like my dad used to say: "they're like flies on a toilet seat ..."

Always reminds me to just enjoy the cruise, our first Princess cruise on the Pacific in 2003, it only has 4 lifts.  On embarkation for 18 days to French Polynesia, lifts are busy and there's this old guy outside the lifts complaining bitterly about having to wait, like he's got somewhere else to go.    I think it made us realize that we just need to enjoy the moment.

This made me LOL..... so even our last cruise in Nov 18... People seamed it such a rush... and complaining about the lifts..... like nothing is going away..... but wait there are stairs..... but must use the lift even to go to the next deck

Yes enjoy the moment.... rough seas.. missed ports.... a small fire on board..... they ran out of our wine....  toilet stopped working.....

You take all in your stride.... it is an adventure ( even though very comfortable ) on the high seas..  

Cheers Don

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have a cruise coming up in a couple of months. I will decide then how important the chair and/or table are to me then. In the meantime, I have no plans to cancel that cruise, and I will probably enjoy it just as much.

BTW, they have changed the pictures on the website - at least for the Regal. They no longer show the chair or table, and the desk chair is a bit different. The diagrams of the rooms still show them, as do the pictures on the reservation pages.

I'm just not seeing it, all these bad changes, all caps, more coming?  I never saw the 1st ones!  A chair or table isn't a deal breaker for me, not at all. 

I take longer cruises, won't go unless it is at least 14 days, (and not 2 seven days B2B) last March was 30 days and everything was good.  Food in the dining room was better than my previous cruise (and that one was fine)!

I've been cruising since 1982 and don't get what all the complaints and demands are about, my cruises are always enjoyable, no problems, nothing to cause outrage.

• Like 2

I am about to take my 15th cruise on 2/17.  I am not loyal to any brand and have yet to have a "bad" cruise...... some are just better than others!  

Happy sailing! 

Mojo

Edited by mojomn
mispelling

17 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

about music in the hallways in embarkation day..... well yes there was... and that was only time I heard it, no big deal.....

About the chair thing.... I would miss the chair and table and sofa if they all went.... move the chair round to get great view while reading .

Oh well only 17 days till music in the hallways

Cheers Don

when we were on NCL Getaway in December, there was lovely music in the hallways at all times. We couldn't hear it in the cabin though....

We were on the Crown in October for a Med cruise in a balcony. We did not have the chair and small round table. I never realized it was missing until I read this thread!!! LOL. We have had a balcony on 2 other Princess cruises and really appreciated that chair. I quess because I was focused on the cruise ports I did not notice the room furnishings and just accepted the room the way it was. We were too busy on a daily basis to spend anytime in our room.

I think on a TA the lack of a barrel chair would make a bigger impact, especially if the weather did not allow for use of the balcony.

Not having the chair and table in the balcony room is going to be a problem.  We like to have room service for breakfast so now I guess we are going to have to either eat on the floor or eat standing up.  Similar we like to have a late afternoon happy hour in our cabin with wine and hors d'oeuvres again with only one chair and a small desk.  Maybe we could sit on each other's lap and .... 

2 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Not having the chair and table in the balcony room is going to be a problem.  ....  Maybe we could sit on each other's lap and .... 

wandering off topic ~~~\♡

Edited by Ombud

20 minutes ago, Ombud said:

wandering off topic ~~~\♡

The OP posted:  

Okay,  I have been very vocal about my horrible experience with dining with the 'new' food and menu culinary offerings.   Along with horrible changes/cutbacks in service.

Now we are hearing about basic chairs being removed from cabins....

The point is??

Back in my day each room came with a dining room table, a full set of eight chairs and a china cabinet. The food was much better than it is now. Air travel was a delight, and of course people respected their elders. :classic_biggrin:

Seriously though, Princess is going to find out that some people like the chairs in the room. (I do not care either way) There does not seem to be any cost savings for Princess, so I would imagine they will find a way to make their customers happy.

For those who really want the chairs, I hope you get them. Perhaps collapsible chairs stored in the closet?

P.S. I forgot to add they changed our sheets twice a night. Most nights they did it without even waking us up.

Edited by RMMariner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Not having the chair and table in the balcony room is going to be a problem.  We like to have room service for breakfast so now I guess we are going to have to either eat on the floor or eat standing up.  Similar we like to have a late afternoon happy hour in our cabin with wine and hors d'oeuvres again with only one chair and a small desk.  Maybe we could sit on each other's lap and .... 

That sounds like a perfect solution.

3 hours ago, satxdiver said:

The OP posted:  

Okay,  I have been very vocal about my horrible experience with dining with the 'new' food and menu culinary offerings.   Along with horrible changes/cutbacks in service.

Now we are hearing about basic chairs being removed from cabins....

The point is??

The point is the OP has an ongoing beef with Princess,  and can’t let it go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't cruised with Princess for a few years so it will be interesting to see if I notice changes. Cruising Princess later this year.

I would notice the chair missing because we use it all of the time; I really dislike having to sit on the bed, not comfortable at all. We'll see. 😊

Edited by Cruisercl
Added thoughts.
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 3:42 PM, jimpod said:

It would appear so.  We have been loyal Princess cruisers for the past 15 years but are seriously considering moving to another line.  2 booked for later in the year then we will decide what we are going to do.

We just got off the Sun Princess (Sydney to the Fiji Islands).  It was a poor choice for us as the Fiji Islands aren't anything to write home about.  there's nothing special there!  It's a Mystery to me why the ship stopped at Mystery Island.  There's nothing there but a WWII landing strip and big spiders!  That was our first stop and an indication of what was in store for us the rest of the cruise.  We enjoyed Sydney, being on a new ship, but that was about it.  The chair in the cabin can go as it was in the way.  There was a bench to the desk that we did not use.  Get rid of one or the other.  Like yourself, we too are looking for a another cruise line, Princess is boring.  BTW, if you want to see an island, go to Hawaii.  Spend your money in the US, there's more to do in Hawaii.  Snorkeling in the Fiji's is not our idea of fun and getting stung by jelly fish.

One more thing.  The Captains party was a joke!  A watered down drink and a small jar of stale chow mein noodles!  WTH!  Is that all Princess could conjure up to say thanks for cruising with us?  A $10,000 cruise and a jar of stale chow mein noodles.  We won't bother next time (there won't be a next time).  I suggested to Princess to give all returning guests a free drink and don't bother with the other slap in the face rituals.

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2019 at 5:56 AM, Doug R. said:

I think may be time that you consider bidding Princess farewell. Why allow yourself to become bitter over a vacation you won't enjoy and spend your time finding fault with Princess? We just sailed on the Regal and if there were cutbacks in service we never noticed. We enjoyed the food, despite any "cutbacks". There were no music or announcements "blared" in the cabins. Cannot comment on chairs as we had a loveseat in our balcony cabin. The only change we disliked was EFFY taking over the jewelry concession. 

I too was dismayed to find that EFFY had taken over Facets.  I have a number of lovely pieces and happy memories associated with them.  My basic feeling is why would I waste time shopping on a cruise for stuff I can get at Macy's?  My husband on the other hand is thoroughly happy about the change to EFFY.  

Edited by miagirl
outdated signature
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/10/2019 at 1:38 AM, elliair said:

We just got off the Sun Princess (Sydney to the Fiji Islands).  It was a poor choice for us as the Fiji Islands aren't anything to write home about.  there's nothing special there!  It's a Mystery to me why the ship stopped at Mystery Island.  There's nothing there but a WWII landing strip and big spiders!  That was our first stop and an indication of what was in store for us the rest of the cruise.  We enjoyed Sydney, being on a new ship, but that was about it.  The chair in the cabin can go as it was in the way.  There was a bench to the desk that we did not use.  Get rid of one or the other.  Like yourself, we too are looking for a another cruise line, Princess is boring.  BTW, if you want to see an island, go to Hawaii.  Spend your money in the US, there's more to do in Hawaii.  Snorkeling in the Fiji's is not our idea of fun and getting stung by jelly fish.

One more thing.  The Captains party was a joke!  A watered down drink and a small jar of stale chow mein noodles!  WTH!  Is that all Princess could conjure up to say thanks for cruising with us?  A $10,000 cruise and a jar of stale chow mein noodles.  We won't bother next time (there won't be a next time).  I suggested to Princess to give all returning guests a free drink and don't bother with the other slap in the face rituals.

South Pacific islands are in 3rd world countries.  For some of us this is their charm, beautiful unspoilt beaches and the people.  Happy, friendly, helpful what more could you want?  Mystery Island does not have any occupants, islanders come over from nearby islands on cruise days.  We took a tinny (small outboard boat) around the island once, wondered why the second guy was on board.  As we got into deeper water found out he was there to bail out the water. Lol 

Use google to research your ports and you will know what to expect.  

3 hours ago, miagirl said:

I too was dismayed to find that EFFY had taken over Facets.  I have a number of lovely pieces and happy memories associated with them.  My basic feeling is why would I waste time shopping on a cruise for stuff I can get at Macy's?  My husband on the other hand is thoroughly happy about the change to EFFY.  

One of our favorite Cruise Director staff members left Princess and went to MSC to sell Effy!!  While he has a great personality, I just don't see him selling jewelry.   Hope he comes back to Princess.

3 hours ago, miagirl said:

One of our favorite Cruise Director staff members left Princess and went to MSC to sell Effy!!  While he has a great personality, I just don't see him selling jewelry.   Hope he comes back to Princess.