MORE very bad changes made on Princess ships????

Wishing on a star

It has come to my attention that not only the food, service, accommodations and cruisers are all subjective to one's opinion, with that said when we cruise as long as we have a nice cabin, good food, drinks, beer, music, movies etc. we're happy. All the complainers we don't notice because we're there to have a great time and check out of our daily routine and enjoy each other and the journey. Complaining gets you nowhere and may ruin your vacation.  So all in all enjoy your cruise like us and don't sweat the small stuff. Changes happen all the time in life, just saying and that's my opinion.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, firecrewcapt said:

It has come to my attention that not only the food, service, accommodations and cruisers are all subjective to one's opinion, with that said when we cruise as long as we have a nice cabin, good food, drinks, beer, music, movies etc. we're happy. All the complainers we don't notice because we're there to have a great time and check out of our daily routine and enjoy each other and the journey. Complaining gets you nowhere and may ruin your vacation.  So all in all enjoy your cruise like us and don't sweat the small stuff. Changes happen all the time in life, just saying and that's my opinion.

There are people who are just happier when they are being unhappy.  Sometimes over and over.  Never understood it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, polmcs said:

Of course you have to stand. There is no chair left to sit on! 😉

Lol.....it is very funny that for many having no seating furniture or one chair in a costly balcony cabin is really no big deal or annoying and they can live with it.....but let Princess not put butter on MDR tables or change the coffee cards and a holy war breaks out on CC and everyone is calling and emailing Princess......just saying!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Okay,  I have been very vocal about my horrible experience with dining with the 'new' food and menu culinary offerings.   Along with horrible changes/cutbacks in service.

Now we are hearing about basic chairs being removed from cabins....

And, over on the HAL board there are a couple of reports that on the Royal and the Crown,  the speakers in the hallways are sometimes blaring music, and the speakers in the cabins are being used for announcements, etc...   (other than Muster, of course)

What the heck is going on.

Are there this many people in charge at Princess who are completely out of touch?

Wow.

I think may be time that you consider bidding Princess farewell. Why allow yourself to become bitter over a vacation you won't enjoy and spend your time finding fault with Princess? We just sailed on the Regal and if there were cutbacks in service we never noticed. We enjoyed the food, despite any "cutbacks". There were no music or announcements "blared" in the cabins. Cannot comment on chairs as we had a loveseat in our balcony cabin. The only change we disliked was EFFY taking over the jewelry concession. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

HALs Eurodam was playing top 40 music during the day (which is not like them) - in ALL lounges without activities.  It made trying to read in Tamarind hard - instrumental I can handle, but with lyrics is much harder.  For Princess folks that havent been on the Nieuw Amsterdam or Eurodam or are unfamiliar, Tamarind during the day is similar to Skywalkers in that its a non-used venue with great views...but now with music 😕

We cruise a lot and I have not seen any changes in services , etc......I have no idea what these people are complaining about......as for the chair thing....if it is so important, maybe your room steward could go find one for you.......Just enjoy the cruise!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, eclue said:

We cruise a lot and I have not seen any changes in services , etc......I have no idea what these people are complaining about......as for the chair thing....if it is so important, maybe your room steward could go find one for you.......Just enjoy the cruise!!!

We tried exactly what you recommend on our two B2B cruises on the Ruby in the Mexican Riviera recently.  Our cabin attendant told us that on the cruise prior they had dumped all the stateroom chairs and there were none available on the ship.   This situation of not having a chair in a balcony stateroom made it a very uncomfortable to remain in the stateroom and one of us having to be seated on the bed.   I do not understand how removing the chair in anyway enhances the customer experience or safety.

• Like 2

Let the 'cheerleaders' unite!!!!

Whether there are very very obvious current cut-backs and questionable changes, or not.

I have enjoyed Princess cruises in the past....

I am not a 'hater'.

But, yes, I will admit that there is no future cruise with Princess on my agenda.

Carry on!!!!!!!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Wow,

I feel somewhat dumb.  DW & I have had a great time on all our Princess cruises.  We are halfway to elite and our good experiences have far outweighed any annoyances to date.  Perhaps we are not critical enough and are missing the bad stuff.

I totally agree with you hobbyfarmer2. I love cruising, love princess, love our affordable cozy little inside cabins. ♡

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did notice the very loud, perhaps that’s also subject, music in the hallways on embarkation day on the CB in December and also on the Regal in September. If it had continued during the cruise, I probably would have said something to Gues Services. But, it was toned down once the cruise started. 

We like many things about Princess, but the standard balcony cabins are lacking in comparison to other lines such as Celebrity. We are currently looking to book 27 days on the Golden in March 2020 and no chair will be an issue, and we use the table. Not a deal breaker and a mini is cost prohibitive at this point. 

We have enjoyed all our past Princess cruises immensely.  Our canal transit on the Coral last month ranked near the top despite the ship needing a bit of hull paint which it just rec'd in the recent drydock.  We are already checking out future cruises on this lovely little ship.

We usually book a balcony now instead of a bigger cabin as in the past and the extra chair can come in handy at times.  It certainly did on the Coral last month.  The savings go into more good times for us.  We love Princess but scratch our heads a bit at the decision to remove the chairs which strikes as a decision made without much consultation or possibly even much thought.

We did not notice any loud music or blaring loudspeakers, BTW.

Edited by hobbyfarmer2
add

3 hours ago, antmaril said:

I was on the Regal in January.  There was no music in the hallways, no announcements in the cabin and there was a chair in our mini-suite.  We thought the food in the dining room and the buffet was very good.   

uh you sir, are spoiling the emotional atmosphere of this thread   :classic_angry: .... then  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are currently on the 2nd leg of a B2B on Regal. Last Sunday our barrel chair was removed and we saw a pile of those chairs on the dock at Port Everglades. We only used that chair to dump things on so we don't miss it; we simply moved those things to the other chair in the cabin (a balcony).

And we are so happy with the fast internet and inexpensive cost of it that we have nothing tocomplain about!

You can hear the PA announcements on the bridgecam channel on the TV. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, JustinPlusLauren said:

I've always enjoyed sailing with Princess - I find it hard to believe that having a chair or no chair in my room will make or break my cruise experience! Might be seen as a 'cheerleader' but it would be the truth regardless of cruise line.

Totally agree.