2-7-19 Short Month Of February

Belle

Did your weight go off as fast

Months go by but seems our weights last

WE work hard for our loss's that we seek

But it seems the days go faster each week

We say we will lose this much by this date

We would do it if the months didn't go by so fast..something we hate:classic_angry:

But we have it.. in us this year

YOU HEAR

Let the weeks and months go by fast this round

We're going to have weight loss's each month by the pound:classic_biggrin:

So stand up and say..We're not going to take this anymore!

Let the months go by fast..we're kicking the pounds out the door

• Like 1

Good morning Belle, thanks for starting us each week with a poem and keeping the thread going... I am down an amazing 5 lbs.... I know I lost and am down to my smallest belt notch but didn't think I lost that much.. I am happy am only 9lbs from my goal and still have 11 weeks until my next cruise... Hope you and everyone here has a great week...take Care Rob

• Like 1

Good Morning Belle - thanks for the poem!!!  

Rob you did wonderful this week ... an amazing loss.

I am down 0.8# (such slow going), I've now lost a total of 18.2# and have 9 weeks before my cruise.  would love to lose another 12 pounds before we go, but that is probably wishful thinking.  Then need to start losing again after the cruise.

Hope everyone had a wonderful week.  Jan

• Like 1

Belle, great poem.

I kicked 1 lb. out the door. Down 6 lbs. since Oct. I have 10 weeks before we cruise again. Looking to lose a few more. 

Rob, really great loss for the week and congrats on being so close to goal.

Jan, good loss this week and great total. Feels great, I know.

Have a good day.

Diana

• Like 1

Thanks for keeping us going, Belle 🙂 Great losses Rob, Jan, and Diana!

I'm up almost 2# from the my last weigh-in 😞 Not as much as I'd feared based on travel and how things fit, but much worse than I wanted.  I can blame the travel, frigid weather, rain, and head cold for the last few weeks - but ultimately it comes down to me not doing what needs done.  I need to quit making excuses and decide what matters to me more - being healthy or being "comfortable."  I hope I'm not bringing anyone down, just trying to be honest with myself.  Hubby started back up with a volleyball league and is enjoying the activity, but he's also noticed the weight coming back and clothes fitting tighter.  Something has to change.

I am grateful for the warmer weather.  Hoping this upper resp. crud that's sapping my energy (but unfortunately not my appetite) goes away soon.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Up a lb , my stress level at work has been up and that is not conducive to losing any lbs. Coupled with crummy sleep due to neighbors cranking their stereo during the day when I sleep. Not a happy camper...

Keep telling myself just 50 more days till we cruise.....

Thanks All. Everyone doing pretty good and look at the cruises coming up!

Rob you had a great week! 5 lbs lost! 9  lbs till goal and 11 weeks till a cruise.

Jan you had a loss no matter if smaller than you wanted almost 20 and a cruise in 9 weeks

Diana good loss of a lb!  6 since Oct and a cruise in 10 weeks

Pac you had a "not so good week" but know you will lose the gain.  You will get back on track June cruise

Dave sorry stress at work and the neighbors is making you unhappy. You'll get the 1 lb off a cruise in 50 days

Me I stayed the same I to not doing as good as I could. A last minute cruise to Hawaii in 4 weeks and 3 days

So we have reason to be good (not that we shouldn't be all the time) WE have cruises coming up!

Have a good Friday and weekend.

Edited by Belle
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning this Sat.  Is everyone doing alright. Know it's cold every

where but hope it's warming up a little each day.  We're having rain

and cold weather (not as cold as some of you) and your having snow and cold weather.

You might think our weather is warm and we think it's cold.:classic_laugh:

Hope everyone stays warm and dry and eats well/healthy this weekend.

Cruise's are  coming closer.

Hey Belle, another cold day here in CT. Not only cold but the wind is howling good day to stay inside after working this morning. My wife made homemade chicken soup . After taking a shower and getting dressed , you know your losing when you have to put a new hole in your belt to make it smaller...😀

• Like 1

Congrats Rob..a new hole in the belt!  Time to buy a new one for your new

waist size. Chicken soup sounds good. Your doing such a great job!

Hope you have a warmer and less windy day Sunday.

Cold and rainy here. been for days and more to come. Drinking hot tea now.

Rob, another hole in your belt? Cool. 

We've had heavy frost several mornings now. Been very rainy past couple of days.

Hubby has to go to Minnesota next week for business (ps for those that know me, my hubby retired 4 years ago but was bored so recently got a fulltime job). Goes to Minnesota for training. It's like 20 during the day, 10 at night, snow showers the whole time he's there. 

All I know is the last time I was in weather at 10 degrees my teeth were chattering so violently I couldn't talk and I had to take numerous hot showers, just couldn't get warm. Hopefully he fairs better.

Stay warm everyone. Diana

1 hour ago, winewanderer said:

The job , yes, is a good thing. He's doing what he likes. Job is where we live.

Fortunately once he gets to Minn. he will be in a hotel and basically doesn't have to leave. Gets meals, everything. 

And yes, he can take time off for our cruise. :classic_biggrin:

Doing what he likes is the key, so many people retire and then go back to work to keep busy.. 

Well, i was up a pound, not a good week for me either...but...I did join an indoor walking group at a local school gym.  It's too cold and icy to go outside.  Now I just have to get my tushy out the door in the mornings and get there!

Nice poem Belle! Good job to all the losers out there! The rest of us will catch up, I'm sure.

• Like 1

Sorry late to thread this week, weight stayed the same but had had a bad week ( 2 birthday meals) so happy i didnt put on. I have a feeling that this week wont be great as a burst heating pipe / flooded kitchen has meant the kitchen is out of action and we have no heating - so its been eating out all weekend ! Well done to everyone who lost weight 

• Like 1

Annie so sorry about the heating pipe. Hope it can get fixed soon.

I hope this week you'll be able to at least stay the same after eating out often.

Snowcamper good job in joining a walking group. I would have a hard time getting out

the door to if very cold and icy.:classic_smile: Did you make it out?

I made it out for a 1.5 mile walk yesterday.  It was cold, but thankfully not much wind.  I'm still "snuffly" but not as sick as I was last week.

Diana, hoping hubby has safe travels and good weather.

Rob, congrats on the belt size!

Snowcamper, nice that you have a walking group.  We have one at our church gym and I should really make myself go.

Annie, sorry to hear about the kitchen 😞 Trusting you have heat back already and hope kitchen is functioning soon.

Our son turns 14 tomorrow and has requested Italian for his birthday meal.  Tonight I'm making Sandra Stanley's Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Sauce and hope a large salad tonight will help balance a (sensible) restaurant meal tomorrow.  

Question for the cooks:  I don't have any peanuts (a small amount is used in the salad) and don't really want to go to the store.  The sauce uses peanut butter, which I do have.  Should I use either sunflower kernels or pecans, or just skip the peanuts (and the associated calories.  I think I skipped them another time and it just seemed like something was missing.

Pac..Hope your son enjoyed his birthday dinner also your other dinner with

or without peanuts.

How's everyone doing?   Getting thru the week alright?  Mine isn't.

One thing got in car wouldn't start. Charging battery, hoping that is all that's wrong.

Have to have it check 1st thing in morning when I'm suppose to be some place else.

It's an electric plus gas car. Don't know the ends and outs of it. Wish that it only

needs a charge and not a new battery. (this is battery for lights and stuff not the car)

Eating wise has been ok but might ate to much tonight.

Good morning Belle, sorry to hear about your car battery, am actually going to buy a new one for my wifes work car, tired of having to jump it and having to move stuff from one car to another. We got a few inches of snow yesterday and then it changed to sleet and freezing rain, went and shoveled driveway at 9pm last night  and only slept a few hours as I had to be back in work for 4am to clear snow and ice from or walkways and emergency exits.. Was an adventure just getting out of the driveway as the car was encased in ice... Bacon egg and cheese and a hot tea for 630am is breakfast , have my oatmeal later... staying on track with my eating.... Hope everyone has a good day drink lots of water, or tea.. Yes its helps as I walk several miles just running to the mens room everyday...

• Like 1

Belle, hope your car issues are resolved soon and you can get where you need to go.

We had two rounds of the salad - the first night I didn't add any nut (it was good, but missing "something"), then for lunch yesterday I opted for sunflower kernels which was a nice substitute.  I figure sun butter is a close substitute for peanut butter for those with allergies and the pecans just didn't seem very Thai to me.

Weather was nasty yesterday and everyone stayed home (husband was able to work from home), so the big meal out will be later this week. I did have a box of scampi and an apple crisp in the freezer, so we were still able to do a nice birthday meal for son.

I got a little shoveling done yesterday and will do a little more later this morning, so I'll have an extra workout 😉 

• Like 1

Sorry you are getting this mess.  It was a heavy wet snow, plus later icy rain - be careful out there.  The bright side is it wasn't the frigid Arctic temps from a few weeks ago.

I always get just the kernels - I could never getting the hang of spitting the shells either.  Now pumpkin seeds/pepitas I've always eaten the shell.  I just figured you weren't supposed to with sunflower.

Interesting note about sunflower butter.  If you bake with it and the batter has baking soda (possibly baking powder), it often turns what you are baking green.  The batter looks normal before you put it in the oven, but a chemical reaction occurs changing the color.  It's safe to eat and would be cool for a kid's science experiment or St. Patrick's day party, but not ideal if you weren't going for green cookies 😳