Cruise Critic Community
TheGastons

Norwegian Jade - Room 5016

We are taking our first cruise on July 10th from Rome.  We chose Room 5016 as it came with more free at sea options than an inside cabin and was about $3000 cheaper than a balcony cabin.  Has anyone stayed in this room or know if it is a good choice?  Also - when and how do you bid on upgrades?  Do you have any choice of which room you are given or do they choose the balcony room for you?  Not sure if that is worth possibly having a noisy room.  Thoughts?

I stayed in a similar room/location on the Gem (the two ships are similar), good enough location, you will be fine. As for bidding, about 60 - 80 days before your trip you will be notified when the bidding process opens. You do not get to select the room, but I do believe you are not obligated to take the room. (I've never had one of my bids accepted, I  always bid the lowest).

I am the type, as long as you are on the ship, you are good; in 20 years of mostly booking Guarantee rooms, there was only once I was less than thrilled.

Good luck!

You do not get to select the room, but I do believe you are not obligated to take the room.

BUT if you accept and then decide you don't like the room you have been allocated, Hard Luck as there is no going back.

If you bid on an upgrade and your bid is accepted your credit card is billed and you are assigned a cabin in the new category. It's a done deal, no going back.