Nachi-Cocom in Cozumel

FLgal0214

You can snorkel from the beach.  The snorkeling pictures in my video (post #27 on this thread) are right off the beach.  While it is definitely not the best snorkeling (like you get on snorkeling excursions), I saw some fish I had never seen before and still had a lot of fun.  I do believe Nachi Cocum offers a snorkeling excursion for an additional cost.

19 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Can a person snorkel from the beach?  Or, is paying extra a must?

You may see something but not generally recommended on sandy beaches. 

The day we were there there was a lot of seaweed that they didn’t even start to clear until after noon and hardly anyone was in the water.

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

You may see something but not generally recommended on sandy beaches. 

The day we were there there was a lot of seaweed that they didn’t even start to clear until after noon and hardly anyone was in the water.

That's interesting.  We didn't experience any seaweed. We were the first ones at Nachi Cocum that day (October) and one of the last to leave, and I started snorkeling early in the day.  I suppose it just depends on the weather and if its causing churning of the sea.  But, I enjoyed the snorkeling right off the beach. Again, nothing like what you see on excursions, but I saw different types of fish I hadn't seen on snorkeling excursions.

51 minutes ago, hawkeyefan99 said:

That's interesting.  We didn't experience any seaweed. We were the first ones at Nachi Cocum that day (October) and one of the last to leave, and I started snorkeling early in the day.  I suppose it just depends on the weather and if its causing churning of the sea.  But, I enjoyed the snorkeling right off the beach. Again, nothing like what you see on excursions, but I saw different types of fish I hadn't seen on snorkeling excursions.

Yes,  it is unusual for the west side to be so badly affected but I was mostly disappointed they were so late starting to clear it up compared to other places i have visited, considering the rave reviews for Nachi. Perhaps they are just not so prepared or don't have the staff available.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 4:17 PM, funkyfaces said:

I was there just last week. We enjoyed the low-key, relaxing vibe there.The food was good and the service was quick. I didn't see anything when I snorkeled, and we enjoyed the pool. Wouldn't mind going there again.

I saw a picture of the float mats.. Are those included with the All inclusive ? If not, any idea of the price ?

On 2/7/2019 at 9:11 PM, LuCruise said:

We were at Nachi in December and quite enjoyed it.  Relaxing, good service and food really good.

420460261_IMG_1562(Small).jpeg.3a502ba12e910e498eb36e84e63f7d4b.jpeg

1974325031_IMG_1572(Small).jpeg.a09ff3f4bca49068f815bf8c043ed0e3.jpeg

I see the float mats in your picture ... Do you know if they are included or have to rent them ? 

3 minutes ago, JimmyL said:

Any idea how much ? I see you are from Ontario ! I used to live on the Canadian border across from Cornwall !

Yes from Toronto.  Don't remember how much as we didn't use them, but the people come by and ask if you'd like to rent.

14 hours ago, billys5764 said:

Does Nachi Cocom have parasailing?  I was at Mr. Sanchos last week, but didn't try it.  I want to when I'm back next month.

I don’t remember parasailing being offered in particular .   I could be wrong but I don’t remember that. Nachi Cocum is it’s own stretch of beach, very nice beach, but not like the built-up area where Mr. Sanchez is at .    It is a much more relaxing place 

Dan

• Like 1

Can someone tell me how long the ride is from the Carnival cruise pier?  Also, I need very calm water to enter the water.  Is it calm?  Is there a big drop off near the water entry?  Thanks!

52 minutes ago, gamaja said:

Can someone tell me how long the ride is from the Carnival cruise pier?  Also, I need very calm water to enter the water.  Is it calm?  Is there a big drop off near the water entry?  Thanks!

About 15 mins if you dock at Puerta Maya.

whether it is calm depends on the day. Too rough when I was last there and lots of seaweed but this is probably not usually the case. Some people have said there is an initial drop off and sand is soft but I didn't get in the water due to the weather.

Does anyone have a recent update on the seaweed? Our cruise stops in Cozumel next month (last weekend in May) and I'm debating going to Nachi (I've been twice before) but the last visit was a few years ago and I know all of Mexico has been plagued by seaweed in recent years. Honestly seaweed, especially if they don't clean it for several hours, would ruin my experience.

1 hour ago, NovCruisin said:

Does anyone have a recent update on the seaweed? Our cruise stops in Cozumel next month (last weekend in May) and I'm debating going to Nachi (I've been twice before) but the last visit was a few years ago and I know all of Mexico has been plagued by seaweed in recent years. Honestly seaweed, especially if they don't clean it for several hours, would ruin my experience.

No way to tell that far in advance. 

Normally east side is more affected BUT we had it bad in December at Nachi. The day was rough and it was obviously just the way the wind and currents were on that particular day but what was disappointing was the length of time they took before they started to clear it.

Edited by c-leg5

16 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Normally east side is more affected BUT we had it bad in December at Nachi. The day was rough and it was obviously just the way the wind and currents were on that particular day but what was disappointing was the length of time they took before they started to clear it.

I went ahead and booked it; worst case we can hang out at the hot tub/pool area 😄 I will try to remember to come back and report after our trip!

On 4/13/2019 at 5:37 PM, c-leg5 said:

No seaweed for us at Nachi last week, and it was a windy/rough day.  :)

• Like 1