Nachi-Cocom in Cozumel

FLgal0214

On 4/13/2019 at 4:01 PM, NovCruisin said:

Does anyone have a recent update on the seaweed? Our cruise stops in Cozumel next month (last weekend in May) and I'm debating going to Nachi (I've been twice before) but the last visit was a few years ago and I know all of Mexico has been plagued by seaweed in recent years. Honestly seaweed, especially if they don't clean it for several hours, would ruin my experience.

I am sitting under a Palapa right now at Nachi drinking a Bloody Mary. No sea grass today. Costa Maya was bad yesterday however. It’s beautiful.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Krisco said:

I am sitting under a Palapa right now at Nachi drinking a Bloody Mary. No sea grass today. Costa Maya was bad yesterday however. It’s beautiful.   

Glad you are enjoying Nachi!  Where did you go in Costa Maya?

4 hours ago, Krisco said:

WONDERFUL!! Thanks for reporting 🙂

4 hours ago, ihopfar said:

We heard pretty much all the beaches in Costa Maya have "bad" seaweed. We debated going to Bacalar (lagoon) but decided against it due to how long it takes to drive there (btw 60-90 mins one way)

4 hours ago, ihopfar said:

We went to Maya Chan. Great but didn’t  get in the water. Book early for dinner other place. People were turned away. 

37 minutes ago, NovCruisin said:

We heard pretty much all the beaches in Costa Maya have "bad" seaweed. We debated going to Bacalar (lagoon) but decided against it due to how long it takes to drive there (btw 60-90 mins one way)

I know you have asked this before BUT totally depends ON THE DAY. 

We had it bad at Nachi and totally clear at Costa Maya. I agree NORMALLY it is likely to be the other way round but it is nature, you just have to see on the day.

Edited by c-leg5

Sending a follow-up on this thread regarding getting back to the port from Nachi.  The taxi ride there was about 20 minutes from the downtown port.  We "thought" we gave ourselves plenty of time to get back by calling for a cab an hour before all aboard.  The taxi took about 7 minutes.  What we had no idea of, is going back to port there is just that main road, and all those resorts along the road heading back with 5 ships in port (about 20,000 people)  the trip back was bumper to bumper and it took almost an hour to get back.  I have never felt so much anxiety in my life. The taxi driver had a statue of Our Lady Of Guadalope and I was sure praying to her.  I am such a planner, but had no idea the trip back would be triple the time and all that traffic.  Heads up give yourself a lot of time to get back.  

2 hours ago, Krisco said:

the trip back was bumper to bumper and it took almost an hour to get back.  I have never felt so much anxiety in my life. The taxi driver had a statue of Our Lady Of Guadalope and I was sure praying to her.  I am such a planner, but had no idea the trip back would be triple the time and all that traffic.  Heads up give yourself a lot of time to get back.  

Good to know!  Thx!