Diamond lounge access

Janman

You can blast me, but this happened last month.  Hubby and I are Diamond Plus and we took our 4 year old grandson with us on a 5 day cruise out of Tampa.  The first night the Concierge was doing a diligent job of checking cards and the woman in front of us knew she was sneaking in.  The Concierge very nicely told her that due to limited seats he was required to not let her in.  She turned around and looked at us and asked if he was going to let "the kid" in.  To that our grandson promptly showed her HIS DIAMOND Card and grinned at her.  She had the balls to go around and try to come in thru the overflow door.  It made us grin everytime we entered the lounge and our Luca proudly showed his card.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jamscckmc said:

If you have a drink in the Diamond lounge will that take 1 off the 3 loaded on your card?

No. Unlimited in the DL. Only at the other bars are the three drinks tracked and deducted from your Sea Pass card. 

Edited by davekathy

7 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

These days the concierge will ask to see everyone’s Sea Pass card, even those who play it cool. 

M

Since I have been Diamond, I have never been asked to show my card. This also includes on the Majesty, where there was no door and anyone could just walk around the sign.

On Serenade and JJ (concierge) was asking everyone the first and second night to see seapass card if she did not know you.  She did a pretty good job until a few people were caught sneaking in through the overflow area in VCL.  The people sneaking in are going to get the use of overflow cancelled.  I was on Serenade last year when the lounge had no overflow and there was a line to get into lounge every night.  

When we were first diamond I thought the lounge was nice, and on out first cruise it was empty😮. Now I feel it’s a pain, and I let my DD have my card and she goes with my DH. I join them later somewhere, or if we go to a bar, I order a drink for DD, as I usually don’t  drink. Now on Celebrity, I enjoy their mixed drinks more, but again we usually go to a bar as the lounge is so crowded (DD hasn’t been on Celebrity 😉).

2 hours ago, Royalpair said:

When we were first diamond I thought the lounge was nice, and on out first cruise it was empty😮. Now I feel it’s a pain, and I let my DD have my card and she goes with my DH. I join them later somewhere, or if we go to a bar, I order a drink for DD, as I usually don’t  drink. Now on Celebrity, I enjoy their mixed drinks more, but again we usually go to a bar as the lounge is so crowded (DD hasn’t been on Celebrity 😉).

You give your card to your DD so she can go into the DL ??

18 hours ago, davekathy said:

As it should be. We'd like to see Celebrity do as RC does. 

I lot of us would like to see RC do what Celebrity does.  For example: zeniths are not allowed in Michael's, Luminae, the retreat or the suite sun deck if they did not pay for a suite.  

To the OP the concierge gets to know all his guests and will recognize and know that your daughter is not diamond.  

1 hour ago, Royalpair said:

Well, there’s no pic on it, so I figure if i’m not using it, why not. 🤫

When the card is swiped your picture comes up - concierge has the ability to scan.  If concierge decided to scan ID he can.  Your daughter would be very embarrassed and rightfully so - very tacky. 

As as others have said, another reason why lounges are crowded.  Just use your coupons at a bar.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Royalpair said:

Well, there’s no pic on it, so I figure if i’m not using it, why not. 🤫

You actually have to ask why! :classic_rolleyes: A lot of foolish cruisers had that same mentality about sharing BPs. Get my drift. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Andy C said:

I lot of us would like to see RC do what Celebrity does.  For example: zeniths are not allowed in Michael's, Luminae, the retreat or the suite sun deck if they did not pay for a suite.  

To the OP the concierge gets to know all his guests and will recognize and know that your daughter is not diamond.  

Zeniths are allowed in Michael's club no matter their stateroom type. It's one of the Zeniths perks. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

The lounges are crowded enough with those that have legitimate access to them. It amazes me how people have no qualms about cheating the system at the expense of those that belong there. What is even more amazing is that these people see nothing wrong with what they're doing and even encourage others to do the same!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, lr657 said:

The lounges are crowded enough with those that have legitimate access to them. It amazes me how people have no qualms about cheating the system at the expense of those that belong there. What is even more amazing is that these people see nothing wrong with what they're doing and even encourage others to do the same!

I agree with you.  Why are people  bragging about being dishonest and proud of it?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, squadron said:

I agree with you.  Why are people  bragging about being dishonest and proud of it?

And those same selfish people would be the first to whine on CC about how inconvenient it is that they had to show their Sea Pass cards each time to gain access to the DL in the evening during the C&A HH. 

Edited by davekathy

39 minutes ago, davekathy said:

And those same selfish people would be the first to whine on CC about how inconvenient it is that they had to show their Sea Pass cards each time to gain access to the DL in the evening during the C&A HH. 

I thank them when they ask.  Too much crowding in the DL already, happy to see them checking cards in order to keep the lounge seats available for those that earned it.  Only takes a second or two.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

I thank them when they ask.  Too much crowding in the DL already, happy to see them checking cards in order to keep the lounge seats available for those that earned it.  Only takes a second or two.  

Agree. More than happy to especially if it means keeping out those that are not allowed in the DL. 🍷🍺

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Andy C said:

Zeniths are allowed in Michael's Club but they are not allowed in Luminae (unless they book a suite).  However, there are far fewer Celebrity Zenith members than there are Royal Caribbean pinnacles.  This is what allows Celebrity to offer nearly all suite perks to people in Sky suites, which are the Celebrity equivalent of Royal Caribbean junior suites.

Edited by actuarian
  • Like 1