Diamond lounge access

Janman

11 minutes ago, island lady said:

I thank them when they ask.  Too much crowding in the DL already, happy to see them checking cards in order to keep the lounge seats available for those that earned it.  Only takes a second or two.  

As the Consierge Lounges are converted to Suite Lounges the Diamond Lounge is becoming more and more crowded. It will definitely help to have someone checking cards for entry. I glad to see it done.

Theoretically unlocking the door with your card catches half of the passengers not invited to the clubs.  I would be happy to show my card every night if necessary!

Still, it's not surprising how and why passengers justify their theft of service.

3 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

Theoretically unlocking the door with your card catches half of the passengers not invited to the clubs.  I would be happy to show my card every night if necessary!

Still, it's not surprising how and why passengers justify their theft of service.

"Theoretically" is the key word.  Trying to stop someone from following you into the Diamond Club is like removing a chair hog's belongings from a chair on the sundeck; it is a way to get into a fight and that is the last thing most of us want on a cruise.  The only way to really control access to the Diamond Club (or, for that matter, the Suite Lounge) is for the concierge to enforce the rules.  On most Celebrity ships, the doors to Michael's Club cannot be locked because there is a muster station in Michael's Club.  This forces the concierge to control access and it works very well there.

1 hour ago, lr657 said:

As the Consierge Lounges are converted to Suite Lounges the Diamond Lounge is becoming more and more crowded. It will definitely help to have someone checking cards for entry. I glad to see it done.

Great minds think alike!  🙂  Only makes perfect sense.  

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

On the past few cruises, save seen the concierge  leave the desk and greet any patrons he/she did not notice walk in. It was a discrete way to check to be sure  those who were there were actually eligible.

M

Smart thing to do.  😉 

2 hours ago, actuarian said:

Zeniths are allowed in Michael's Club but they are not allowed in Luminae (unless they book a suite).  However, there are far fewer Celebrity Zenith members than there are Royal Caribbean pinnacles.  This is what allows Celebrity to offer nearly all suite perks to people in Sky suites, which are the Celebrity equivalent of Royal Caribbean junior suites.

Read post #42.

Also, the price of sky suites on celebrity is in parity with that of grand suites on RCI so it makes logical sense that a sky suite would receive a butler and all the perks of suite class.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

When the card is swiped your picture comes up - concierge has the ability to scan.  If concierge decided to scan ID he can.  Your daughter would be very embarrassed and rightfully so - very tacky. 

As as others have said, another reason why lounges are crowded.  Just use your coupons at a bar.  

On Independence while I was speaking to the DL concierge at her desk she had files with all the D and D+ photos on it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy C said:

Read post #42.

Also, the price of sky suites on celebrity is in parity with that of grand suites on RCI so it makes logical sense that a sky suite would receive a butler and all the perks of suite class.  

That is usually true on the newer Celebrity ships but the cost per day for a Sky Suite on the shorter 4-5 night seasonal Caribbean cruises on the Celebrity Infinity is almost always significantly less than the cost per day of a 4-5 night Caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean in a Grand Suite.  This is especially true if you take into account the extra perks that Celebrity so often throws in when you book a Sky Suite.  They often include the "Go Best" package of 4 perks with any suite class booking and that package is worth at least $150/person/day.  Royal Caribbean offers much less. 

Edited by actuarian

On 2/8/2019 at 8:37 PM, kjenaz said:

You can blast me, but this happened last month.  Hubby and I are Diamond Plus and we took our 4 year old grandson with us on a 5 day cruise out of Tampa.  The first night the Concierge was doing a diligent job of checking cards and the woman in front of us knew she was sneaking in.  The Concierge very nicely told her that due to limited seats he was required to not let her in.  She turned around and looked at us and asked if he was going to let "the kid" in.  To that our grandson promptly showed her HIS DIAMOND Card and grinned at her.  She had the balls to go around and try to come in thru the overflow door.  It made us grin everytime we entered the lounge and our Luca proudly showed his card.   

Perfectly handled.  

8 minutes ago, island lady said:

Hello to you also, my DS friend from across the pond!  🙂 

We had a great week at Hilton Buenavistapalace in Orlando 17-24 January.

I believe you and Bucky were on a cruise then otherwise we could have possibly all had a meal together.

We are looking forward to the DL on Independence in May