EZair reserved seats

Alaska05

When you book with EZair in economy can you always reserve your seats in advance?  I know some airlines now have a Basic Economy fare on some flights where you can't reserve seats in advance.  It's a cheaper fare.  Just want to make sure Princess doesn't  book in this class.

None of my Flexible EZair Economy bookings have been in Basic Economy.

Each airline makes it’s policy for Economy seat assignments & it’s been my experience that most USA airlines make free advance seat assignments in standard Economy.  Most of the non-USA airlines I’ve flown in Economy charged a non-refundable advance seat assignment fee until check-in when it’s free.

Edited by Astro Flyer

2 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

When you book with EZair in economy can you always reserve your seats in advance?  I know some airlines now have a Basic Economy fare on some flights where you can't reserve seats in advance.  It's a cheaper fare.  Just want to make sure Princess doesn't  book in this class.

We’ve booked easy air basic economy many times. With few exceptions we have always been able to select seats after booking. Quantas does not allow this though until 24 hrs before boarding.

By going to the airlines page with the booking number from easy air system you are sometimes given the option of paying a little extra for “premium seats” on some flights but you’re paying directly to the airline based on which ones you select. 

Some airlines such as KLM allow you to select your seats upon booking. Others won’t, however, some airlines charge extra to allow you to select your seats. 

I’m not familiar with “basic” economy as it’s worded. I know of economy and premium economy. In premium economy you can pick your seat at booking with no charge, of course. 

Glenn

Glenn, when I book EZA I have 2 options, Flex (which allows you to change or cancel your flight up to 45 days from departure) or Restricted ( pay now and non-refundable). The 3 airlines that I can choose from (American, United, and Delta) do allow you to choose your seats at the time of booking and there's no extra charge for doing so.

Brad

• Like 1

I booked through EZAir on British Airways/American Airlines. I was able to reserve seats on both. My TA was able to reserve the seats on American at the time of booking. For the BA flight, I had to go into their website myself, sign up for their frequent flyer program and then reserve seats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STREETKING said:

Glenn, when I book EZA I have 2 options, Flex (which allows you to change or cancel your flight up to 45 days from departure) or Restricted ( pay now and non-refundable). The 3 airlines that I can choose from (American, United, and Delta) do allow you to choose your seats at the time of booking and there's no extra charge for doing so.

Brad

Thanks for that, Brad. It’s all subjective to which airline you use, I suppose. WestJet (Canada) doesn’t give you that option but they do let you select your seat for a fee.

Glenn

3 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

Thanks for that, Brad. It’s all subjective to which airline you use, I suppose. WestJet (Canada) doesn’t give you that option but they do let you select your seat for a fee.

Glenn

You're quite welcome. Glenn, if I'm not mistaken I think I saw your post that this was your 1st cruise, and you've been following and commenting on some of the negative posts ( chair removal, sheets changed every other day, ect.) Please keep in mind that most people who have  enjoyable experiences don't come on here and post about it. Many like myself are there to relax and enjoy their vacation and are able to get past those trivial things, some cannot. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise and many more in your future.

Brad 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, BDRebel said:

I booked through EZAir on British Airways/American Airlines. I was able to reserve seats on both. My TA was able to reserve the seats on American at the time of booking. For the BA flight, I had to go into their website myself, sign up for their frequent flyer program and then reserve seats.

Was that a BA transatlantic flight? I've never been able to reserve seats in advance on BA without a steep payment. 

8 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

I was able to book our seats once the flight was finalized.  We are in the T/A from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen in April and I already have all our seat assignments.

Edited by johnboyd1

Using EZ Air it is up to each airline whether they allow seat assignments or not.

From prior experience BA and Lufthansa are notorious for not allowing seat assignments until 24 hours prior to the flight.

It seems that when seat assignments are allowed prior to that on those 2 airlines it may be due to a passengers mileage program status with that particular airline.

Basic economy with United Airlines does not allow any advance seat assignments or the ability to purchase an economy plus seat for a fee.

As far as EZ Air it is up to the passenger to choose seats directly with the airline.

19 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Using EZ Air it is up to each airline whether they allow seat assignments or not.

From prior experience BA and Lufthansa are notorious for not allowing seat assignments until 24 hours prior to the flight.

It seems that when seat assignments are allowed prior to that on those 2 airlines it may be due to a passengers mileage program status with that particular airline.

Basic economy with United Airlines does not allow any advance seat assignments or the ability to purchase an economy plus seat for a fee.

As far as EZ Air it is up to the passenger to choose seats directly with the airline.

Thanks for the heads up on this United policy. Would you happen to know which economy fare classes are covered by this so I can watch for it in the future? We're on United this April from LAX to Denver after our trip on the Royal. We're in cattle class "X" fare with no United Skymiles status and were easily able to select seats at the time of booking though we didn't use EZAir. Looking at the flight today, it's still wide open and we are presented with lots of seat selection and upgrade options such as $59 for Economy Plus

10 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for the heads up on this United policy. Would you happen to know which economy fare classes are covered by this so I can watch for it in the future? We're on United this April from LAX to Denver after our trip on the Royal. We're in cattle class "X" fare with no United Skymiles status and were easily able to select seats at the time of booking though we didn't use EZAir. Looking at the flight today, it's still wide open and we are presented with lots of seat selection and upgrade options such as $59 for Economy Plus

With United domestic flights operated exclusively by United you can book seats.

I use United most of the time. I have never seen the ability to pick United Basic Economy through EZ Air. It is just a regular economy ticket and yes you can go to the United website and pick seats. When I have booked EZ Air on United I have not seen the option to pay the Economy Plus fee upgrade for those seats. I have not tried calling United directly to see if it can be done. Princess may have a certain fare code that does not allow that with the Princess EZ Air fares. (?)

2 hours ago, Alaskanb said:

Was that a BA transatlantic flight? I've never been able to reserve seats in advance on BA without a steep payment. 

The westbound flights are BA flight numbers, operated by American.

The BA flight (operated by BA) is Copenhagen to London. The American flights are SAT-DFW-FLL and LHR-DFW-SAT.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the info.

I know at least Delta, United and probably American have an additional more restricted Economy fare that you don't get to choose your seat when you book.  This is not offered on all flights.  Below is from the United website:

image.png.2603dfa38a43eb88077b8facc49a7a49.png

I just wanted to make sure Princess was not booking the more restricted Economy fare.  Sounds like I better talk with them direct to make sure.

13 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

Thanks for all the info.

I know at least Delta, United and probably American have an additional more restricted Economy fare that you don't get to choose your seat when you book.  This is not offered on all flights.  Below is from the United website:

I just wanted to make sure Princess was not booking the more restricted Economy fare.  Sounds like I better talk with them direct to make sure.

As I stated in the prior post United Basic Economy as far as I know is not available through EZ Air. With United domestic flights I have been able to choose seats through EZ Air.

2 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

Thanks for all the info.

I learned something today! Basic economy... who knew. Lol

Glenn

Also be aware that when you rebook with EZA after finding a lower price than your original booking, your entire original booking is cancelled. Including your seat assignments. 

You must go back and re-select your seats. May or may not be really important unless you’re uve scored some really plum seats that you don’t want to lose. 

• Like 1

We were able to make ANZ seat assignments when booking Economy Flexible EZair for free (LAX/LHR).

Double checked their website to reaffirm my memory & it shows free advance seat assignments.

A Standard Seat allows you to take comfort in choosing your seat.

If you're flying on a long-haul international flight, The Works or Works Deluxe fare on Tasman and Pacific Island flights or on our domestic Smart Saver or Flexi fares you can choose a Standard Seat selection for free.

https://www.airnewzealand.com/seat-select

A07D6596-272C-4359-9E93-C140988D2EF7.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

12 hours ago, gottagocit said:

We’ve booked easy air basic economy many times.....

I misspoke here. I forgot the “basic economy” is the relatively new class created by many airlines and doesn’t allow carry on bags or even checked bags if I remember correctly.  We have not booked this class. Rather I was referring to what is now referred to as “Economy”. 

Um. I might have messed up then.  I booked round trip on United SFO to Melbourne then Auckland back to SF0 for 876. It's significantly higher now but if it ever gets back to that, I'll look into the ANZ flight that leaves 3 hours later. When I tried to get seats before ANZ would not let me. But I'll keep checking as my flight is not until November 2019

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Um. I might have messed up then.  I booked round trip on United SFO to Melbourne then Auckland back to SF0 for 876. It's significantly higher now but if it ever gets back to that, I'll look into the ANZ flight that leaves 3 hours later. When I tried to get seats before ANZ would not let me. But I'll keep checking as my flight is not until November 2019

That's an amazing price. I've paid more that that for a RT from DFW to LA.