Difference of bump out / cabins on the hump on Equinox?

Pier290

Our cabin on the hump was exactly the same as our concierge cabin,  with the same size balcony.    What we like best is that it is so close to  the elevators.    We booked another hump cabin for October for that reason,  and because my sisters cabin is connecting!

Are you referring to the flat portion of the bump out or the slanted portion? We like to book 1A cabins on the slant for the extra deep balcony. The width is the same size as other standard balconies, but are deeper due to the slant. Be aware that this type of balcony tends to be mostly shaded due to the length of the walls, so if you like to relax in the shade on your balcony then this might be a good choice.  The rooms are exactly the same size as other rooms in this room level that have a standard balcony.  

We've had cabins on the flat part of the hump and the slanted portion of the hump.  We loved all of them ... very quiet and midship.  The ones on the slant have extra large balconies, the first and third ones from the flat part of the hump have balconies with approx 3 times as large and the second and fourth are about 2 times as large.  

The ones on the forward part of the hump will catch a bit more wind but you have unlimited views of the bridge.  Sometimes, the wind will catch the dividers and make them rattle ... I guess that can happen anywhere on the ship, though ... but this will just make it a little more noticeable.  Also, we were in one of these on the Equinox and the room steward closet door was right next to our stateroom door.  It wasn't the steward that was the problem, ever!  But, people do tend to stop and talk to them and sometimes, that is right outside your cabin.  The ones on the aft part of the hump are more protected but you won't see the bridge.  The ones on the flat part have a regular sized balcony.  They do have a very convenient location and never had a noise issue there, either.  Your view is unobstructed forward and aft, though.  

I love these cabins ... all of them!  Nothing is better than a view of the wake, though.  Those would be my first choice.  Some don't like them because there are no aft stairwells / elevators on the S class ships.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ImANewfie said:

i have seen several people reference the #1 and #3 on the hump as largest balconies.

I assume its 1 and 3 from front,  if you see my image, depending upon what direction you go in.. the #1 and #3 are different.

Please advise

Sketch.png

It is 1st and 3rd off the hump.  So 6215, 6209 6214 and 6210 are the biggest followed by 6211 6207 6212 and 6208.  Same is true on the other side.

Mike

Edited by mandream

Sorry had to update my post above.  Got thrown off a bit by your notes.  It is 1st and 3rd FROM the hump - on both sides of the hump.  Then 2nd and 4th are still bigger, but not quite as big.  This post illustrates it well.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1602517-reflection-hump-balcony/?tab=comments#comment-42667871

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ImANewfie said:

ty, so my 6238 is not a larger balcony waaaa   First time on celebrity!  will love it though no doubt.

It IS larger -- the first and third on the slant, counting from the straight part of the hump  (in either direction) have the largest balconies, and the second and fourth the next largest.   Yours is the second.

This is a topic of frequent discussion here on CC.   You can also do a search for your cabin number in the S-class cabin sticky at the top of this forum. 

Enjoy your balcony and Celebrity!

Edited by Turtles06

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ORV said:

I think I know the answer to this but can someone confirm for sure if the Slant balconies can open the balcony dividers? 

Yes, they can be opened on the S-Class ships.  You need to get the stateroom attendant to do it for you.

So excited to see this - thank you to all the knowledgeable folks here on the boards! Booked in 6240 on the Equinox in September. If anyone has any pics of the “partial obstruction” that would be a huge help!

Edited by Willow1213

I think it's a testament to my shallowness that I'm booked on a Bump cabin, and it's one of the smaller-than-the-other balcony bumps -- and somehow I'm slightly disappointed. 

Gonna get my head screwed on straight. In 15 days, I'll be on a cruise ship on vacation through the ABC's.

There. Got it. 

38 minutes ago, Willow1213 said:

So excited to see this - thank you to all the knowledgeable folks here on the boards! Booked in 6240 on the Equinox in September. If anyone has any pics of the “partial obstruction” that would be a huge help!

http://thecelebritycommitment.com/360/Staterooms/360_VT_6240_Obstructed/index.htm

It shouldn't be bad at all. They consider it 30% obstructed which I think is far overstated.

Edited by Jeremiah1212

51 minutes ago, GoodScout said:

I think it's a testament to my shallowness that I'm booked on a Bump cabin, and it's one of the smaller-than-the-other balcony bumps -- and somehow I'm slightly disappointed. 

Gonna get my head screwed on straight. In 15 days, I'll be on a cruise ship on vacation through the ABC's.

There. Got it. 

Thats what they jokingly refer to as a first world problem.

Honey, our oversized balcony isn’t as oversized as the neighbors....

lol