Cruise Critic Community
DISFANS3

Land excursion in Antigua?

We are looking for a Land based excursion in Antigua, with no beach involved. Should I go with The RCI excursions or with a different company? Arriving on the Freedom of seas in March. Thanks..

We used Lawrence of Antigua and had a great tour this past September...We didn't want any beach time either. No need to book with the cruiseline...we booked with a few from our roll call.

Ashland, how much time did Lawrence give you at the Dockyard and at Shirley?  I had a private tour scheduled, and now he wants to bring in another family because their port date was moved up.  We had wanted to spend an hour or so at the Dockyard which would have been entirely up to us.  Now he wants to stay about 40 minutes.

7 hours ago, grannystats said:

Ashland, how much time did Lawrence give you at the Dockyard and at Shirley?  I had a private tour scheduled, and now he wants to bring in another family because their port date was moved up.  We had wanted to spend an hour or so at the Dockyard which would have been entirely up to us.  Now he wants to stay about 40 minutes.

Then you should be paying less for your tour since it's now a group tour. I can't remember exactly how much time we spent but I do know that it was more than enough for us. Your choice at this point.

We were supposed to be in a group of  6 people but only 4 of us showed up....We waited for the other couple (we had each booked separately) but they apparently went to the wrong pickup location (specific instructions were clearly given). On our next tour with Cosol in St Lucia we heard them complaining (loudly) about this and I couldn't help but to tell them we had indeed waited...it was their fault..they quickly stopped blaming Lawrence. The 4 of us had each (individually) found and followed instruction's they hadn't. I hate when people are quick to blame someone else.

Best of luck on whatever you decide will work best for your group.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:24 AM, DISFANS3 said:

We are looking for a Land based excursion in Antigua, with no beach involved. Should I go with The RCI excursions or with a different company? Arriving on the Freedom of seas in March. Thanks..

Do Lawrence you will not be disappointed..tell him Grumpy sent you..he has free WiFi on the bus too..