Photo package for Solo’s

Grburkart

I’m pondering whether or not a photo package is worth the price for a solo traveller. 

I’ll be on a 22 day Mediterranean cruise in October (Princess) and the package is $199.00 (usd). I really don’t care to come back with a bunch of photos of myself so I’ll be taking a chance to, hopefully, have group photos with people I meet who are total strangers at this present time. 

So the question is do I take a chance for getting my money’s worth? Are some of the photos candid? Are photographers throughout the ship/shore to capture a “Disneyesque” experience? 

Any thoughts are welcome. 

Glenn

On 2/8/2019 at 6:30 PM, Grburkart said:

I’m pondering whether or not a photo package is worth the price for a solo traveller. 

I’ll be on a 22 day Mediterranean cruise in October (Princess) and the package is $199.00 (usd). I really don’t care to come back with a bunch of photos of myself so I’ll be taking a chance to, hopefully, have group photos with people I meet who are total strangers at this present time. 

So the question is do I take a chance for getting my money’s worth? Are some of the photos candid? Are photographers throughout the ship/shore to capture a “Disneyesque” experience? 

Any thoughts are welcome. 

Glenn

Just think what you could spent the $200 on instead. That's an excursion or 2 or 3 specialty dinners. People you meet will be happy to take your pic, where YOU want, not some staged place the packages have to offer.

• Like 1

I can't speak to the Princess photo package, but adding to what Skleeb said, I ended up with a surprising number of photos on my own camera when I cruised solo. When I wanted a photo of myself in front of a landmark or whatever, I looked for a group of people who wanted a photo and offered to take a photo of their entire group if they would then take a photo of me.

22-day Med cruise sounds awesome! One thing to think about would be how much of your time will be spent on shore, where ship's photographers will not be present.

• Like 1

Ship's photos are a rip-off. Outrageous prices, which you can easily beat in a photo studio ashore. Take your own camera or smart phone, and ask friendly other passengers to take photos of you if you want to have something other than a selfie.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 8:38 AM, JulieMcCoy said:

I can't speak to the Princess photo package, but adding to what Skleeb said, I ended up with a surprising number of photos on my own camera when I cruised solo. When I wanted a photo of myself in front of a landmark or whatever, I looked for a group of people who wanted a photo and offered to take a photo of their entire group if they would then take a photo of me.

22-day Med cruise sounds awesome! One thing to think about would be how much of your time will be spent on shore, where ship's photographers will not be present.

I do the same as well. I tend to find a group of people early in a cruise that I see around often and we will always take pictures of each other. Also, for my last cruise, I bought an affordable tripod from Amazon and got a lot of beautiful shots of myself on my balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the opposite. I love the Princess all inclusive photo package. Sure, the photos are somewhat corny and staged but they are great memories of my cruise. I love the port photos especially. As a solo traveller I've always come back with group photos with people I've met on the cruise, again, great for the memory book.

• 2 weeks later...