Best area to stay in LA pre cruise

divajd37

My husband and I will be coming to LA 2 days before our cruise out of San Pedro. We have transport from LAX to the pier thru Norwegian. Was wondering the best area to stay before we leave for our cruise. Any suggestions?

6 hours ago, divajd37 said:

My husband and I will be coming to LA 2 days before our cruise out of San Pedro. We have transport from LAX to the pier thru Norwegian. Was wondering the best area to stay before we leave for our cruise. Any suggestions?

Is that cruise line transfer the day you arrive?  Or, are you planning on returning to LAX the morning of your cruise to catch that transfer?  How much are you paying for the transfer?  It may be worth canceling it--so as not to have to deal with LAX that day or trying to time the transfer.

IMHO, the best place to stay in the Los Angeles area--especially if you won't have a rental car--is Santa Monica--the area near the Santa Monica Pier and Third Street Promenade.  Lots to do in this area, places to eat, shopping, scenery...lots of entertaining stuff on the Promenade--street performers, etc.  A short ride down to the extremely fun and interesting Venice Boardwalk...a hub for the HOHO bus tour and all major tour companies pick up at Santa Monica hotels.  Most stuff to occupy your time is within walking distance...and the area is one of the nicer parts of greater LA.

I would then skip the transfer and take an Uber to the pier in San Pedro the morning of the cruise--so you can do it on YOUR schedule with no waiting around at the hectic LAX.

There are some other areas to consider, but Santa Monica would be MY top choice...

Thank you as I am looking at a place to stay the night before our cruise out of Long Beach next year. We r flying into San Fran and looking to take PCH down staying 3-4 nights along the way and turning car in the night before at Santa Monica. Then just taking an Uber or shuttle to port in the morning?