Are Diffusers Allowed

CruiseNut24

My DW likes her diffuser and was looking to see if anyone knows if diffusers are allowed in your stateroom.  I looking at items you can't take on the Princess site,  but it didn't specifically say diffuser,  want to make sure before I try to bring one with us.

TIA 

If it has anything to do with an open flame then no.   If it's electrical then probably not.   Ships are always worried about over heating.    If it's just oils and reeds then I would say yes.     Best diffuser on a cruise is the ocean air IMHO.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CruiseNut24 said:

My DW likes her diffuser and was looking to see if anyone knows if diffusers are allowed in your stateroom.  I looking at items you can't take on the Princess site,  but it didn't specifically say diffuser,  want to make sure before I try to bring one with us.

TIA 

I plan on bringing mine with me on my upcoming Hawaii cruise, it is not a heating element so it will not be a problem. 

11 hours ago, waltd said:

If it has anything to do with an open flame then no.   If it's electrical then probably not.   Ships are always worried about over heating.    If it's just oils and reeds then I would say yes.     Best diffuser on a cruise is the ocean air IMHO.   

Just because it's electrical doesn't mean its prohibited. Cell phones, camera's, clocks, etc, are electrical and are not prohibited.

Heating elements are not permitted. Diffusers are just water vapor that is scented.

9 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

How does the unit make a water vapour if it doesn't heat the water?

Many newer diffusers and humidifiers are "ultrasonic"!!  They do not heat the liquid whether it is an oil or just water!  

Edited by Whitetrike
  • Like 1