Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
sepalma23

Refreshment package vs coffee card? HELP!

Sailing on Rhapsody this May and looking at the different drink packages.  The refreshment package for $28.60/day includes sodas, mocktails, premium coffees, bottled water and fresh squeezed juices.  The coffee card is $31/day for 15 specialty based espresso drinks.  I just want lattes!!  I am also a soda drinker.  Just wondering why would anyone buy the coffee card, when the refreshment package is less $ and includes the premium coffees??  The coffee card is coffee only and costs more.  I'm confused......

14 minutes ago, sepalma23 said:

The coffee card is $31/day for 15 specialty based espresso drinks.  I just want lattes!! 

The coffee card is $31 for the 15 drinks, not per day. You can buy just one card. BTW, it's 15 punches, not necessarily 15 drinks (some ships use two punches per drink).

Edited by Biker19

OH gotcha!  I totally read that wrong on RC's website!  Well that is an easy choice to make then.  I'll buy the coffee card for myself and the soda/voom package for my daughter.  The coffee card sounds like a great deal.  Hell my venti lattes at starbucks are $4.53/day!  Thanks for the quick response!

1 minute ago, sepalma23 said:

Hell my venti lattes at starbucks are $4.53/day!  

You may need to battle with the barista (or higher up) to only use one punch per drink.

Edited by Biker19

49 minutes ago, sepalma23 said:

OH gotcha!  I totally read that wrong on RC's website!  Well that is an easy choice to make then.  I'll buy the coffee card for myself and the soda/voom package for my daughter.  The coffee card sounds like a great deal.  Hell my venti lattes at starbucks are $4.53/day!  Thanks for the quick response!

Does not include Starbucks coffee though. 

Thanks for the info on the Starbucks!  As long as I can get lattes somewhere, the coffee card will work for me!