Barcelo day pass or De Palm island?

Biris

Hi,

We are are group of eleven people ages 9-80. We will be in Aruba from 10AM-11:30PM. There are 4 kids age 9-16 who enjoy pools and don't care much for beaches, but they enjoy snorkeling. Having never been to Aruba, I'm not sure which of these 2 places my group will enjoy more. Is there a pool at De Palm island?

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

TIA

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were at the Barcelo two weeks ago on a day pass. It's very nice and clean. Towel service is provided. We were there on the afternoon pass because of being in port 1-10 pm. It was difficult finding chairs, much less any with shade. Drink service on the beach is spotty. There is a swim-up bar at the pool but it appeared they were taking care of those with AI hotel guest wristbands more quickly than the day pass wristbands. We ate dinner at their buffet, and I have to say, I've eaten better at Golden Corral, which was a disappointment. The beach and water were definitely worth it to us, though.

IMG_6599.jpg

IMG_6604.jpg

IMG_6597.jpg

IMG_6624.jpg

IMG_6614.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks CJDePew for your reply.

I booked Barcelo for the end of May, and we chose the day option. Hopefully, we’ll be able to find some chairs or find some shaded area. I’ll update when I’m back. 

Biris. 

We are struggling between these 2 spots as well. Aruba is newish for me, and we prefer beach clubs over hotels. Does that even exist on Aruba?  Nachi Cocom/Mr Sanchos type places. 

10 hours ago, BNBR said:

We are struggling between these 2 spots as well. Aruba is newish for me, and we prefer beach clubs over hotels. Does that even exist on Aruba?  Nachi Cocom/Mr Sanchos type places. 

The only beach club is Reflexions, which is on Surfside Beach,  which is a short taxi ride from the port. There are some reports and a few pictures on this board.  I love the Surfside area. I spend several weeks in Aruba every year. 

We have done Barceló 2x, 1st time we loved it, 2nd time - was last Christmas - I am sure being Christmas was the reason but we found zero chairs on beach or pool,  we looked all over, finally just put our stuff on a spot by the pool an enjoyed the pool, but we really missed being able to get out of the pool and sit, ha.  Drinks were good, buffet was decent but nothing great.  I would say about the same as ship buffet, not tons of choices.  Didn't do the beach since we live in FL and do the beaches all the time.