Dress Standards

Desm

Previously we've cruised on Celebrity, Carnival and RCL, this will be our first cruise on P & O Pacific dawn.

Whilst dress standards on our previous cruises have generally been fairly high, I was wondering what happens on P & O, I know it's  more of a budget line and more family oriented.  How do people generally dress in the MDR, do they observe they dress standards, do they dress up on Cocktail/Formal nights?  We don't mind dressing up and quite enjoy it, on the other hand we wouldn't want to be the only ones over dressed either!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 10:05 AM, Desm said:

How do people generally dress in the MDR, do they observe they dress standards, do they dress up on Cocktail/Formal nights?

Some do, some don't.

I've found no problem in going to the MDR on formal nights in casual wear, long pants, collared shirt.

Others there were dressed up to varying degrees, from slightly more daggy than me to the full tux.

The dress standards are treated more as suggestions. I doubt you would have trouble getting in with anything that wasn't actually offensive. But you also won't be out of place if you are dressed to kill.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

• 3 weeks later...

Although P & O Australia is more of  a budget line we found people do make an effort in the evening. We have cruised more than 18 times with Celebrity and the evening dress standard in the last few years has been much lower including dress-up nights.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved cruising on the Pacific Eden to PNG and Solomon Islands. As for the dress standards they were rather casual. On the other hand we never made it the their restaurants thus we didn’t pack any formal attire either...We are already booked with their itinerary visiting Indonesia and Timor Leste..

• 2 months later...

While the enforced dress code is largely "smart casual", what people wear seems to depend on the cruise and the time of year.

We went on a new years cruise on Pacific Eden and it was generally casual, however people did make the effort for the white and gatsby nights.  If you are travelling outside of school holidays, then i would suggest the clientele will probably dress up more.  Thats just my opinion though and I am probably wrong. 🙂