Celebrity Equinox

99florida

Hubby said that he read that the Equinox will be doing a port stop on Tortola instead of Punta Cana b/c of an earthquake a few days ago. Anyone know if this is legit?  We are sailing on the Equinox next month and would be thrilled if this would be true for our week.

We stopped in Punta Cana on Wednesday (Feb 6th); I believe the earthquake happened a day or two prior to our stop. There was no visible damage anywhere and we had no problem tendering in or getting to our final destination in Punta Cana. 

On 2/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, X2tgibso said:

We’re sailing in June and they changed our Punta Cana stop to Tortola a month ago.  Very happy with the change.  Maybe they’ll make it a permanent change.

Did they email or call you?  We are sailing in 39 days and we haven't heard anything.  It would be awesome and a welcoming change.

1 minute ago, 99florida said:

Did they email or call you?  We are sailing in 39 days and we haven't heard anything.  It would be awesome and a welcoming change.

I saw it on our roll call first, my TA still hasn't told me 😂  But then it popped up on our planner.

2 hours ago, 99florida said:

Wait, I’m on the equinox in 39 days also and Punta Cana isn’t one of our scheduled stops. Are you on the March 23 selling  to the Western Caribbean? Are you confusing Punta Cana with Costa  Maya? 

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

Wait, I’m on the equinox in 39 days also and Punta Cana isn’t one of our scheduled stops. Are you on the March 23 selling  to the Western Caribbean? Are you confusing Punta Cana with Costa  Maya? 

I wish I was sailing in 39 days!  You may have my post mixed up with someone else’s.  We sail in June 😎

Just read it again....not to me 🤣

Edited by X2tgibso
Reread....
  • Like 1

I just got off the phone with Celebrity and they said nothing had changed, no updates, no notices of any change.  This came from a supervisor.  I sure that you're tight and they weren't informed.

We sail on the 16th and Punta Cana is on our itinerary.  We would LOVE for it to be changed to Tortola.  

I know they changed our port in June because they kept having to cancel because the weather conditions make tendering too dangerous, so it may be a summer thing ?  Guessing, of course.  But I hope they change yours!  Tortola looks beautiful and lots more to do.

5 hours ago, 99florida said:

I just got off the phone with Celebrity and they said nothing had changed, no updates, no notices of any change.  This came from a supervisor.  I sure that you're tight and they weren't informed.

We sail on the 16th and Punta Cana is on our itinerary.  We would LOVE for it to be changed to Tortola.  

That makes 2 of us.  See you on board.

On 2/10/2019 at 2:21 AM, X2tgibso said:

We’re sailing in June and they changed our Punta Cana stop to Tortola a month ago.  Very happy with the change.  Maybe they’ll make it a permanent change.

What date are you sailing? We may be on the same boat. First time cruisers and first time in the Caribbean so looking forward to it. 

Any suggestions for the Tortola stop? None of the excursions have really caught our fancy.

13 minutes ago, Kilted Saffa said:

What date are you sailing? We may be on the same boat. First time cruisers and first time in the Caribbean so looking forward to it. 

Any suggestions for the Tortola stop? None of the excursions have really caught our fancy.

We're sailing June 22nd, first time on Celebrity but we've done the Caribbean 6 times 😎  We didn't see any excursions that appealed so I dug around online and will probably walk up to the Botanical Gardens and then eat at Pussers Road Town Pub.

5 minutes ago, X2tgibso said:

We're sailing June 22nd, first time on Celebrity but we've done the Caribbean 6 times 😎  We didn't see any excursions that appealed so I dug around online and will probably walk up to the Botanical Gardens and then eat at Pussers Road Town Pub.

We're on the 8th so won't be on the same ship. Thanks for the tips, we'll check them out 🙂

• Like 1

I went back and forth with my TA about the Equinox and Punta Cana versus Tortola.  As of a few weeks ago, it was Punta Cana.  That was the deal killer for me....I hated tendering in the hot lifeboats to Punta Cana and the resort was less than satisfactory.   I just disembarked from the Equinox last Saturday and loved the ship and our cruise...will sail her again on another itinerary some day.

• Like 1

We were scheduled to dock in Tortola in 2017, but Irma had other plans.  Anyway, here are two catamaran operators our CC group had chartered with (I had previously sailed with Aristocat and they were wonderful).  You can also taken the ferry from the pier to Virgin Gorda.  Celebrity will also have the same type on excursion. Enjoy!

AristocatCharters.com 7 hour snorkel excursion to The Baths w/lunch FULL
$120pp
IN CASH
OR
CHECK
Kuralu.com 7 hour snorkel excursion to The Baths w/lunch FULL
$120pp
IN CASH
OR
CHECK

Yea, I think they are done with PC. Tortola is listed after dry dock but looks like they are switching to semana DR on all the eastern sailings before dry dock. 

They will not admit this to anyone though and are still selling excursions to PC. The sea conditions and weather were perfect at PC and they still went to semana. 

They should at at least let their cruisers know and not “spring” this on them the night before as they have been.