Visiting St.Lucia,St. Kits Antigua Ponta Delgada on Britannia in March

PACH99

We are visiting the above islands on our forthcoming cruise. We haven't been to any of the islands before so we would like to see some of the local sites while there. I understand that you can join with other people when on shore and get some local  minibuses to take you to the sites that you want to see. Also, this way is much cheaper than the P and O organised tours.

Any advise of places to visit and roughly how much to expect to pay the driver ?

Thanking you in advance.

Definitely recommend Cosol Tours in St Lucia.  Great day and only ever heard excellent reviews .  You can book ahead online but only pay on the day.   We had a minibus of 10 - all but 2 from our ship.  You can read what's included here:

http://cosol-tours.com

You are correct, in the Caribbean there are plenty of tours offered at the port by local operators so you can pick up beach transfers or island tours. 

If you fancy the St Kitts railway though I think there's a bit of a monopoly so that cruise ship excursions tend to fully book the train.  Someone we met had taken a taxi to DiY and were lucky enough to get on the train but with the fare plus taxis they actually paid more than the ship's excursion.

Antigua, the main tourist attraction if you're not heading for the beach is English Harbour and Nelson's Dockyard.  A good excursion and again can be done by local tour companies.  Someone may be able to recommend one you can pre-book like Cosol in Antigua.

Ponta Delgarda we did the Blue and Green Lakes half day excursion which was quite scenic but we did quite like Ponta Delgarda itself and enjoyed walking around the town with very typical Portuguese architecture and stopping for a drink here and there.  I don't know if there are any more interesting places to go.  

Enjoy the Caribbean!

Edited by kruzseeka
  • Like 1

I agree Cosol tours are really good on St.Lucia. For St.Kitts and Antigua there are lots of mini buses at the port gates. They will show you maps of where they will take you and how long the trip will take.  They charge around $20 per person and are very reliable. You don't need to pre.book trips.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Is there a roll call for your cruise? Occasionally others will arrange a tour and invite anyone interested.Also the Ports of Call section on cruise critic is very useful.

Will look into this. Thanks

We used Spencer Ambrose in St Lucia, the itinerary is similar to Cosol but you go via speedboat each way rather than coach on the way out. It saves a lot of time and is a more pleasant way to travel for those who get car sick on windy roads! If you enjoy snorkelling then make sure whichever tour you book includes Sugar beach as the snorkelling right off the shore is stunning.

In Antigua we used Scenic Tours Antigua and would 100% recommend. They were really cheap but gave such a good tour, you got to go to the scenic view points, Nelsons Dockyard, Jolly Beach, the Cricket stadium (not in the official line up but he offered to stop there) and lots of sights and info along the way. The van even had wifi, which was much needed for a quick check in with our cat sitter.

St Kitts we did the Sky Safari zip line which was really fun but not cheap. Our cruise line didn't offer an excursion with them, but if they do you must book via the cruise line. We contacted Welcome Tours St Kitts who arranged a taxi and zip lining slot for us.

3 hours ago, SquishTheWhale said:

We used Spencer Ambrose in St Lucia, the itinerary is similar to Cosol but you go via speedboat each way rather than coach on the way out. It saves a lot of time and is a more pleasant way to travel for those who get car sick on windy roads! If you enjoy snorkelling then make sure whichever tour you book includes Sugar beach as the snorkelling right off the shore is stunning.

In Antigua we used Scenic Tours Antigua and would 100% recommend. They were really cheap but gave such a good tour, you got to go to the scenic view points, Nelsons Dockyard, Jolly Beach, the Cricket stadium (not in the official line up but he offered to stop there) and lots of sights and info along the way. The van even had wifi, which was much needed for a quick check in with our cat sitter.

St Kitts we did the Sky Safari zip line which was really fun but not cheap. Our cruise line didn't offer an excursion with them, but if they do you must book via the cruise line. We contacted Welcome Tours St Kitts who arranged a taxi and zip lining slot for us.

We used Greys Island Excursions on St Kitts, great day and great driver, it rained but was still one of our best trips. In Antigua we done the P&O beach and snorkel trip, snorkelling weren’t all that but the boat trip and beach were amazing. I looked at your cruise today, what a fantastic price, i don’t think they’d let my 1 year old twins travel on that one or if definitely be talking the wife round. My first cruise was a transatlantic on Ventura...have a great time