Babies/Tots or Adventure Ocean for 36-month old?

CruisingJade

I'd love to know if anyone here has experience placing a 36-month old in the babies/tots program? Our girls are turning 3 only two weeks before our cruise next month, so they are right on that cusp between the babies/tots and A.O. Aquanots 3-5 program. Developmentally, the 3-5 program would probably be more appropriate, and they are pretty well potty-trained, but unfortunately they are not yet at a point where I trust they can appropriately clean up after themselves in the bathroom, so I'm hesitant to put them in A.O.

The babies/tots program says 6-36 months. Does that mean "up to" the 36 month mark and not a day later?

I don't think they'll let your girls age down into the nursery, but please inquire to see if they can give you a phone.  I haven't sailed RC, so I don't know if they have phones for younger kids club participants but NCL gave me a phone since my 3.5 year old was having some trouble wiping himself.  It turned out he never needed it after the first night, but was helpful to know they could reach me if he was having trouble using the potty independently.  Also, make sure you send them in shorts or sweatpants with no buttons or zippers to make this as easy as possible.  Best of luck.

I don't think they will let your 36 month olds in the nursery b/c they are very strict with ages on Royal.  I am thankful for our April cruise...we disembark 7 days before my son's 3rd bday b/c he is NO where near potty trained and he just makes the nursery cut of being 35mths 3 weeks!   Our next cruise isn't planned until December so he best be potty trained by then:)

I don't think it would hurt to ask.  I would just go there right after you have lunch on the ship during the open house and express your thoughts and wishes and see what they say..hopefully it works out for you!!

If you want to check on them, just call the kids club and don’t go there in person.   They might be perfectly happy but as soon as they see you will want to leave.  I always called 15 minutes into drop off of a 3 year old to make sure he was happy

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1

They always will give phones to those in the 3-5 group. Just try telling them how much fun they will have in “camp” as an incentive to training faster. They also cannot use the pools unless they are completely trained, so that’s another incentive. 

• Like 1