Email address to submit Shareholder Benefit

CWcruisers

Hi all, I searched extensively both on this site and on Holland America's site and can't find the answer, so sorry if this has been discussed previously.  I am a shareholder in Carnival Cruise Lines and would like to submit for my benefit on Holland.  I have a phone number and a fax number but who does faxing anymore?  Does anyone have an email address?  Thank you in advance.

Edited by CWcruisers

I have understood they do not accept these documents by email. 

I always fax mine and I believe you can take it to a Kinko's or MailBox type outfit where they can fax it for you. Yes, my combo landline phone FAX is very old, but this FAX option still comes with a lot of the home copier/scanners today. 

Edited by OlsSalt

I could be wrong but I don't think there is an email address at least I have not seen one, even in the CCL annual report. As to "who does faxing anymore?" I do for the   shareholder credit for all the cruise lines I sail. Just an FYI, two other businesses that I deal with require faxing back and forth of information so faxing is not dead yet.

Aa7yy...that is the email I have always sent mine to. Always get a confirmation by email within a couple hours. The last time I posted that info I totally got chastised for not following the “rules”. Been using it since we got the stock 5 years ago.

59 minutes ago, aa7yy said:

Last time I sent mine in by email, and it was applied, my response came from this email.

world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com

awesome. i was thinking the fax might be an e-fax anyway, but being able to scan and email our proof of stock would be a tiny bit easier. thanks for the email. I will snip this image to file.. 🙂

15 hours ago, wyobean said:

Aa7yy...that is the email I have always sent mine to. Always get a confirmation by email within a couple hours. The last time I posted that info I totally got chastised for not following the “rules”. Been using it since we got the stock 5 years ago.

If you look back at that post of yours, you'll see that I followed you up and defended you. It's important to remember, If you break the rules by sending it as an email, you do not get to do anything else wrong. :classic_biggrin:

I did hold out. The note said I should use the fax number because the email address was not a secure address. That kept me awake last night. I suspect that means that there are three or four staff that use the same email address but the fax dump in the hall has a guard.

• Haha 1

Last month I used the email above and no response ever came. Called World Cruise Reservations phonenumber and was told I needed to fax it. Used fax zero and our OBC was applied within 24 hours. Just our recent experience.

Whats the concern over security of the Fax? You should black out any sensitive information on your brokerage statement. The only thing I leave visible is the account holders name, stock name, Brokerage name and number of shares. I black out the account number, purchase price and all other stocks shown on the page that contains the CCL Stock. 

I make a copy of the blacked out version and then scan the copy. This along with the request letter then get faxed to HAL. 

Just received an email from World Cruise Reservations my shareholder OBC has been applied. Emailed it around 9:00 this morning EST & got email 2:42. There is a 3 hour time difference I believe. There response was very quick. Whoever posted email address a BIG thank you. 

1 hour ago, Caribbean Chris said:

I also sent an email a couple of years ago to that address, and even though they processed it, they told me  "we'll go ahead and take care of it, but just this one time." They really do want faxes for some reason. 

They gave no indication that this was not the way to apply for OBC. Their reply 

“will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation. If you have further questions about your Carnival Shareholder Benefit please let us know. If you have booking related questions please contact your travel advisor.

8 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

They gave no indication that this was not the way to apply for OBC. Their reply 

“will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation. If you have further questions about your Carnival Shareholder Benefit please let us know. If you have booking related questions please contact your travel advisor.

I’m all for it!  And hope we can all email in the future instead of having to fax or mail. Glad you were successful.

via email from world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com

Dear Mr. YXU AC*SE 

Thank you for your request to have a shipboard credit applied to reservation [redacted] based on your status as a CCL stockholder.

Financial compliance laws prohibit us from accepting and transmitting unsecured email of guest financial records. Guest’s personal financial data is subject to risk traveling through internet servers. Please send future proof of eligibility by fax at 206.270.6080 or direct mail to:

Holland America Line

Attn: WCR

450 Third Ave. W.

Seattle, WA 98119

We have made a one-time exception and applied the ship board credit of $250.00 and it will be credited to your onboard account upon embarkation. Please contact your Travel Agency for additional information.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future.

Kind Regards,

[redacted] 

World Cruise Reservations

Holland America Line 

Phone:800-522-3399

Fax #206-270-6080

world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com

I'll be quite honest, this it the fourth or fifth one-time exception I have received. I'm quite comfortable in accepting the data transit risk.  YMMV. 

Scott. 

Edited by YXU AC*SE