On Millennium. A few thoughts

Merly

First impressions are great. Lots of nicely done areas. I love the dining room and Ocean View. But first cabins. I think they wasted their money on Kelly Hoppen. The cabins look very clean but bland. Nice new beds and bedding.  Plenty of drawer space but the wardrobe isn’t tall enough to hang a long dress without it touching the shelf below. The curtains let the light in and there are no voile privacy curtains so if you are in a lower deck and facing the quayside you need to keep them closed. There are USB ports by the dressing table and one side of the bed. There are a couple of glass fronted cupboards (why?) and the safe is in one. The safe isn’t big enough for an I pad. The bathrooms look lovely but space is limited. Instead of tissues tucked away they are in a box on top. The foot rest in the shower is at the wrong end. Your hair gets wet whether you want it or not. Form over function comes to mind. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for reporting the first glimps of the revolutioned- or revolutenized Millenium. So far I like what I saw on the other threat. I am curious what they did with Al Baccio or the Martini Bar!

I think it was an enormous job to redo all those cabins - the bathrooms look great now- no more clinging shower curtains.

Greetings and have a wonderful cruise on board Millenium

On the Edge the phones had USB ports and could be moved to the other bedside stand so you could charge your phones on both sides. That’s what we did - not much room left on the smaller table but it worked.  Hope it is the same on M Class. Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by vtcruising

2 hours ago, Merly said:

There are a couple of glass fronted cupboards (why?) and the safe is in one. The safe isn’t big enough for an I pad. 

Thanks so much for posting this . . . any way we can get rough dimensions of the interior safe?

We don't want to bring expensive items that won't fit onto a post-revolution cruise!

Have an awesome cruise!!! I wish you good weather and calm seas!

Edited by Newbie2006
shorten quote

Thanks for the thread! 2 quick questions:

Any sign of a Gastropub? It was mentioned in a press release about the Revolution but I’m dubious. 

Qsine - any idea if the menu has been completely replaced by Le Petit Chef or if they have the Qsine menu as well?

12 hours ago, Merly said:

First impressions are great. Lots of nicely done areas. I love the dining room and Ocean View. But first cabins. I think they wasted their money on Kelly Hoppen. The cabins look very clean but bland. Nice new beds and bedding.  Plenty of drawer space but the wardrobe isn’t tall enough to hang a long dress without it touching the shelf below. The curtains let the light in and there are no voile privacy curtains so if you are in a lower deck and facing the quayside you need to keep them closed. There are USB ports by the dressing table and one side of the bed. There are a couple of glass fronted cupboards (why?) and the safe is in one. The safe isn’t big enough for an I pad. The bathrooms look lovely but space is limited. Instead of tissues tucked away they are in a box on top. The foot rest in the shower is at the wrong end. Your hair gets wet whether you want it or not. Form over function comes to mind. 

We are on the summit post-renovation in April.  Thanks for the heads up on the foot rest in the shower.  I'll be sure to pack a shower cap!  Looking forward to hearing lots more about the renovation.

• Like 1

I have never heard of Kelly Hoppen and apparently someone form Celebrity is sold on that line of products.   I googled that name and it appears as if it is  like  IKEA or Pottery Barn.  It looks as if she is big in Europe and was featured on some TV show.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

43 minutes ago, CLT_Deac said:

We are on the summit post-renovation in April.  Thanks for the heads up on the foot rest in the shower.  I'll be sure to pack a shower cap!  Looking forward to hearing lots more about the renovation.

I had the same problem on the Edge.  Had to turn the water off when shaving, then turn it back on to rinse.  I had to ask for a shower cap.  A shower cap really did not help because the water still hits your neck and drizzles down into the cap...in your eyes... etc.  IMO, the Edge showers were at an odd angle for women...not only with shaving, but also if you were not planning on washing your hair.   I am glad that our Constellation cruise will be pre-renovation.   I will miss that class afterwards. 

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

I had the same problem on the Edge.  Had to turn the water off when shaving, then turn it back on to rinse.  I had to ask for a shower cap.  A shower cap really did not help because the water still hits your neck and drizzles down into the cap...in your eyes... etc.  IMO, the Edge showers were at an odd angle for women...not only with shaving, but also if you were not planning on washing your hair.   I am glad that our Constellation cruise will be pre-renovation.   I will miss that class afterwards. 

I  did okay with the AQ shower on EDGE..it is an odd shape but it  had the hand held wand as well as overhead spray.

Controls were a bit confusing..they should have posted a   card about the controls!

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

They probalby did that on purpose as a way to conserve water.

My SIL when a teenager and living at home would turn on the water full blast and leave it run while brushing her teeth.  My MIL would get mad at her and tell her to turn it off.    She also did other foolish things like putting her clothes in the drier before putting them on because she wanted them to feel warm.

After the SIL got married she complained about the bills and one was the water bill.  Suddenly she started trying to conserve.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, tomservo said:

Thanks for the thread! 2 quick questions:

Any sign of a Gastropub? It was mentioned in a press release about the Revolution but I’m dubious. 

Qsine - any idea if the menu has been completely replaced by Le Petit Chef or if they have the Qsine menu as well?

I spoke to someone in the Captain's Club and she said that Qsine will only serve the LPC menu. I'm hoping she's mistaken... 😭

16 hours ago, Atocha Shipwreck Gal said:

What kind of shower products do they have? Is it the CO Bigalo ones or Elemis?

The shower products have no brand name. There are 3 dispensers fixed on the wall.  Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. 

16 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Thanks for reporting the first glimps of the revolutioned- or revolutenized Millenium. So far I like what I saw on the other threat. I am curious what they did with Al Baccio or the Martini Bar!

I think it was an enormous job to redo all those cabins - the bathrooms look great now- no more clinging shower curtains.

Greetings and have a wonderful cruise on board Millenium

Al Bacio and the Martini bar haven’t changed. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for posting.   We are all dying for pictures.  

I will post some pictures but I only have my 90 complimentary minutes at the moment. When I have more time at home I will post them. 

• Thanks 1