Trip Insurance Advice

beachhouse

7 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Just out of curiosity, what supplemental medical plan do you have?  Is it a Medicare supplemental plan?

Unless private insurance, I would consider a medical supplement with GeoBlue with annual policy.

5 minutes ago, sippican said:

Medex, a private Blue Cross plan offered by my previous employer to supplement Medicare. It coveres medical expenses abroad.

If it is the typical Medicare supplement policy with a $50k lifetime limit, many people would suggest you look for additional coverage.  The $50k can be exhausted in a heartbeat and it can be difficult to obtain payment. I would suggest that you consider something like GeoBlue.  If you travel a lot, the yearly plans are very reasonable.

I am on Medicare and have a PPO supplement and always buy insurance.. had to cancel:our cruise 7 days prior to departure this January because of an injury in November..thought I might be able to go..check for full cruise was just received. 

We NEVER go without coverage it’s just part of the cost of cruising.

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

If it is the typical Medicare supplement policy with a $50k lifetime limit, many people would suggest you look for additional coverage.  The $50k can be exhausted in a heartbeat and it can be difficult to obtain payment. I would suggest that you consider something like GeoBlue.  If you travel a lot, the yearly plans are very reasonable.

No such limit. We are very lucky, it is a great policy for a very large municipal group. At one point we checked out GeoBlue (mainly for evacuation), but discovered we had no need and MedJet had better language for evacuation.