Sandstone Riser

Shore excursions when visiting Iceland

We are visiting Iceland when on a HAL cruise later in the year. Whilst researching possible shore excursions I came across excellent reviews for a company called Geoiceland. I contacted them and we have had first class service from Tinna who is at Sagatravel which is associated with the Geoiceland tours.

We have booked two full day tours with them, one when we are at Reyjkavik and the other when we are Akureyri.

The contact details are tinna@sagatravel.is

Edited by Sandstone Riser
spelling mistake

6 hours ago, Sandstone Riser said:

We are visiting Iceland when on a HAL cruise later in the year. Whilst researching possible shore excursions I came across excellent reviews for a company called Geoiceland. I contacted them and we have had first class service from Tinna who is at Sagatravel which is associated with the Geoiceland tours.

We have booked two full day tours with them, one when we are at Reyjkavik and the other when we are Akureyri.

The contact details are tinna@sagatravel.is

just a heads up you are breaking cruise critic forum rules by recommending a tour company you haven't travelled with yet

you can share the info on your roll call

Well, we DID use GeoIceland to tour the golden circle one day in September two years ago. When my husband and I had previously been in Iceland on our own in 2006, we rented a car for the week and really enjoyed seeing the country.  Now, however, Iceland has become such a popular tourist destination and is so crowded with visitors, that there is no way I would want to drive it on our own. Even finding a parking space at the golden circle attractions would be a challenge. GeoIceland did a very nice job and what I particularly liked about them is no money is exchanged prior to taking the tour, so if the weather is really awful, you can cancel without cost...just let them know you won't be showing up.  

20 hours ago, fabnfortysomething said:

just a heads up you are breaking cruise critic forum rules by recommending a tour company you haven't travelled with yet

Thank you for the feedback, I am a novice CC user and did not know where to put the info. I did put in the Roll Call when I visited that site later in the day.

20 hours ago, fabnfortysomething said:

1 hour ago, Sandstone Riser said:

Thank you for the feedback, I am a novice CC user and did not know where to put the info. I did put in the Roll Call when I visited that site later in the day.

not a problem

was just a friendly heads up to avoid you getting post removed by moderators

it's a common novice mistake especially as it seems some tour companies  ask you to put a review on cruisecritic

I was looking for the guideline-bit more difficult to find since new set up-it used to be a "sticky" ie permanent post at top of this ports of call forum-its still at top of British Isles one