Symphony of the Seas-deluxe drink package

Schatzie45

Just returned from Symphony, wanted to give everyone some info about the drink  package. First of all the mixed drinks including the frozen are $13.99. the beers are $7.50. If you wait to purchase drink package on board it's $60 a day, compared to what you can get them for online. BUT, the first day, and first day only you can get buy one deluxe package, get the second half off. my husband and I did this, and if you do the math it equals out to about 5 drinks a day. Just some helpful info, 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

My Symphony sailing is at 52.99/day now (was 56.99).  Add the 18%, and it's basically $60/day.

The $60/day (along with the rest of the prices) mentioned by the poster on board is before the 18% grats. And even that is somewhat of a discount as it's usually $62+.

Edited by Biker19

27 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The $60/day (along with the rest of the prices) mentioned by the poster on board is before the 18% grats. And even that is somewhat of a discount as it's usually $62+.

Ok. But from what I'm grasping of the OP's message: First person is $60 per day, second person is HALF OFF, which would be $30 per day only IF you purchase on the 1st day of the sailing.  So, in total, it'd be $120 per day online as opposed to $90 per day if bought the first day onboard.  Unless I'm comprehending the OP incorrectly.

48 minutes ago, Schatzie45 said:

First of all the mixed drinks including the frozen are $13.99.

Just a question for clarification on all mixed drinks. Are you saying that there were no mixed drinks under $13.99 I was under the impression that the Bev package  had a drink price limit of $13.00 on Oasis class ships,  if all adult beverages are $13.99 that would mean with the package you would still be paying 99 cents per drink plus 18% on the difference.  I don't think that a simple rum and coke would be $13.99 maybe $10.00 .  Just don't want new people to think that they are going to pay $1.16 every adult beverage that have when they have the Bev Package unless they are only drinking $13.99 priced drinks. 

12 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Ok. But from what I'm grasping of the OP's message: First person is $60 per day, second person is HALF OFF, which would be $30 per day only IF you purchase on the 1st day of the sailing.  So, in total, it'd be $120 per day online as opposed to $90 per day if bought the first day onboard.  Unless I'm comprehending the OP incorrectly.

You got the OP's message right, but online it wouldn't be $120 - most of the time you can get it on sale for about $45 per person so the same as the $90 (for two people) on board. BTW, that sale on board is not a sure thing, while the sale pre-cruise is, most of the time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You got the OP's message right, but online it wouldn't be $120 - most of the time you can get it on sale for about $45 per person so the same as the $90 (for two people) on board. BTW, that sale on board is not a sure thing, while the sale pre-cruise is, most of the time.

You speak truth.     If the OP is right, its a net $45 pp/pd, which is good.    On line pre cruise $45-$49 is usually where you can catch it.   I got lucky for my Allure cruise next week and got $39.    The thing is, the deal onboard the OP got is never guaranteed.    Its a real crap shoot to wait until you board.    If your going to get the package anyway, I'd buy pre cruise and lock in an acceptable price.

Edited by zdad59

3 hours ago, sunsoaked218 said:

Just a question for clarification on all mixed drinks. Are you saying that there were no mixed drinks under $13.99 I was under the impression that the Bev package  had a drink price limit of $13.00 on Oasis class ships,  if all adult beverages are $13.99 that would mean with the package you would still be paying 99 cents per drink plus 18% on the difference.  I don't think that a simple rum and coke would be $13.99 maybe $10.00 .  Just don't want new people to think that they are going to pay $1.16 every adult beverage that have when they have the Bev Package unless they are only drinking $13.99 priced drinks. 

You are right. On Symphony a few months ago a gin and tonic was 9.16 at any bar including the 18%.  There were a few beers in the pub around 6.00.  It is also very easy to stay within the 13.00 limit as long as you don't need top shelf. 

46 minutes ago, cloggedDrain said:

Since the deluxe package only covers drinks up to $13, will your account be charged for the price difference with each drink?

Yes you would be charged the difference.  My guess is that if the majority of drinks are now $13.99 then the limit has been raised to $14

I decided to check the cost on my Symphony sailing in a few weeks.

Same deal noted--Buy one, get one 50% off...starting at $52 per day, per person.

The fine print then states that a 25% discount will be applied against each package :classic_biggrin:

After adding to cart, it is $61.36 per person, per day including gratuity - $859.04 total.  I use to get the package when one person in a cabin could buy it, because I drink wine and frozen/mixed drinks, so it was a value for me.  DH is a beer drinker, so, not so much. 

Did you happen to notice is there was a 10 drink punch card  offered mid week?

Thanks,

Chris

From:  https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/media/royal/shared_assets/pdf/Deluxe_Beverage_Package.pdf

Package does not include room service, mini bar items and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages above $12

This was found in the "MORE INFORMATION" section on the page for the deluxe beverage package.

6 minutes ago, cloggedDrain said:

From:  https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royal/media/royal/shared_assets/pdf/Deluxe_Beverage_Package.pdf

Package does not include room service, mini bar items and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages above $12

This was found in the "MORE INFORMATION" section on the page for the deluxe beverage package.

That $12 amount varies by ship.

Schatzie, can you confirm the drink price limit with the package on Symphony?

Does the package include any drinks up to $14? 

I’m just clarifying if you had to pay the difference if the package only includes $13 drinks but most drinks are $13.99.

Just an FYI for future Symphony travelers, the lowest the package on our 3/2/19 cruise has been is $52 a day plus gratuities. 

I forgot to say Thank you! I appreciate the info about drink prices for this ship.  

I now now feel better about getting the deluxe package.  After subtracting out the bottled waters, morning specialty coffee, and an early Bloody Mary or Mimosa, it seems only 2 more frozen drinks would get me to my break even point.  

1 hour ago, sunsoaked218 said:

Thank You, that's what I thought but now they are $13.99  that's a big jump in a few months.

Do you remember what they charged for a Martini,  my wife's Cosmo was about 3 or 4 dollars more than my gin and tonic.  With  the new prices a package pays for itself quick.