Whale Watching-which port is best?

tjcletzgo

I agree with Bruce that Cabo is the best port for whale watching.  Also, in my never humble opinion, Cabo is the port with the least interesting alternatives, so you might as well do the whale watching or other water-focused excursions there.

One thing to remember, when it comes to excursions dealing with nature there are no real guarantees.  You have to take what you get.  Our whale watching excursion started off with not much to see and continued for most of the excursion.  We had spotted one whale and only saw that one when it surfaced to breathe.    As I said in my previous post, it wasn't until the last half hour that the two whales appeared out of nowhere in front of our boat and began breaching.  Our excursion went from a ho hum excursion to outstanding in the blink of an eye.  Even the crew of our excursion boat was excited about the display we were witnessing.

Here's a picture that gives you an idea of how large those whales were.  One of the whales stuck a flipper out the water near a small boat.  The flipper is probably as long as that boat.

315mzkg.jpg