Cruise Critic Community
hitthehoops22

Can anyone tell me what is in this white space?

Im going to be in cabin 6657 with a baby and I'm worried I might be next to something noisy, like laundry or similar. is anyone familiar with deck 6 on Mariner of the Sea?

IMG_5685.jpg

Most likely a service area for cabin stewards and service personnel.  It is NOT a laundry.

Cart storage is the most likely thing.   I don't think it will create any more noise than you would hear thru the hallway door to your cabin.

it could also be internal stairwell for the cruise.  If you can avoid being next to it do so.

I once had a room near white space and it was noisy about 30% of the time in morning and late at night.

I have seen the doors open to that area several times. If I remember correctly, that is a crew service area as floatel_lvr mentioned. I believe there is a stairwell in there as well. I don't remember seeing anything there that would lead me to believe it would be exceptionally noisy.

well in my case the crew stomp up and down the un carpeted steps.  You would be surprised out noisy it can be for just a few hours.

That area is a service elevator where all the luggage will be delivered from and a stairway for crew.  Pretty sure the elevator would back up to that cabin and stairwell is on the other side near 6665.

Based on the location, and another empty space across the hallway, and the same 'empty' space on all decks above and below. I'd say it's the route for the funnels and tubes and other various systems to pass through vertically to the funnels on top of the ship from the engine room down below. There's no other way to do it.

This lines up with the smaller aft funnel structure, which comes out near the flowrider and is also incorporated into the new slide structures.

I'm sure there will be maintenance facilities and store rooms, emergency equipment etc in there too.

My guess is that funnel.

Edited by Board_Shorts