Step by step - opening our medallions!

hllwdcruiser

3 hours ago, Potstech said:

When you have the time could you measure the Medallion both diameter and thickness.  Thinking of making a 3d model of a holder that can have numerous attachments. Thank and appreciate the picture of the documents.

Diameter 1⅛"

Thickness: ⅛"

1 hour ago, Alaska05 said:

The Medallion wasn't a perfect fit, but since the wristband is soft plastic, the Medallion was secure.

Medallion1.JPG

Medallion2.jpg

Thanks, I had looked them up and thought they were ridges and make for an oblong item. I can see now they are flexible.

I thought someone posted elsewhere that princess got quite a bit more for their wristbands. On top of that, I don't like to put things around my neck.

So excited for your cruise, hllwdcruiser! Thanks for the unveiling. You did a great job of ‘unboxing’ 👍🏼.

Can anyone comment on the benefit to Princess of mailing the medallions out? Seems like it’s an added expense. We got ours last month when we checked in for boarding and I liked just being able to pick it up then, not having to worry about losing it beforehand, or having it arrive on time, etc. Will the mailout result in, one day, doing away with the whole counter check in process, maybe?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

Oh the excitement grows! Have fun!!!!!!

I enjoyed this a ridiculous amount :classic_biggrin: 

I do believe they are spending the money not for replacing a key card but for the tracking ability in the case of "falling" from the ship or needing to locate someone on the ship in case of emergency.

8 minutes ago, flgojo said:

I enjoyed this a ridiculous amount :classic_biggrin: 

I do believe they are spending the money not for replacing a key card but for the tracking ability in the case of "falling" from the ship or needing to locate someone on the ship in case of emergency.

follow the money ... always follow the money ... how can we save money with the OM ? ... more importantly, how can we make MORE money ?  it's not about the money, bs ... it's ALWAYS about the money ... follow it

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Potstech said:

When you have the time could you measure the Medallion both diameter and thickness.  Thinking of making a 3d model of a holder that can have numerous attachments. Thank and appreciate the picture of the documents.

The measurements I got were 1 3/16" diameter and the thickness is 7/32" at the center & 5/32" at the edge, if you needed more something more exact. Their plastic case they give you for free is 2 1/8" wide & 2 23/32" long. 

If you make something out of metal, it'll reduce the range of the Medallion considerable especially when used to enter your room, so consider using leather, plastic or cloth. 

It seems their battery weakens over a period of time.

Post a photo of your finished design. 

38 minutes ago, voljeep said:

follow the money ... always follow the money ... how can we save money with the OM ? ... more importantly, how can we make MORE money ?  it's not about the money, bs ... it's ALWAYS about the money ... follow it

👍   I wonder how long the fancy packaging will last?  

Edited by fishin' musician
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, mamashamiller said:

This might be silly, but can I Super glue them to a Disney magic band?

I don't know about silly, but the gluing might have negative effects on the medallions operation. You can purchase a band onboard if you like. There is also a holder that pins on your outer garment which I got as a goodie at the Meet and Greet, although I didn't use it I saw quite a few of them in use. 

1 hour ago, Doug R. said:

I don't know about silly, but the gluing might have negative effects on the medallions operation. You can purchase a band onboard if you like. There is also a holder that pins on your outer garment which I got as a goodie at the Meet and Greet, although I didn't use it I saw quite a few of them in use. 

Gluing doesn't seem to affect them in the slightest but they had a stronger signal on our first leg of our B2B trip although we did change rooms so the receiver in the door mechanism might have had something to do with it.

17 hours ago, fishin' musician said:

Thanks!  So they need to be ordered?  I was thinking they would automatically sent like cruise documents once were.

After you complete all the required info on the Ocean Ready App there is a link for you to order the medallions and have them sent to you.

The experience of receiving these medallions is not unlike the good old days when we used to get our docs and baggage labels in the mail. 😊

• Like 1