Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
hllwdcruiser

Step by step - opening our medallions!

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, mamashamiller said:

17.99 for 4

maybe there are cheaper ones but these definitely work

enjoy planning you cruise!!!

Thank you!  Yes! I checked it out and am going for the 4-pack.  

Have fun on your cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what just came to me? DH and I wear Fitbit watches. It would be great if we could add the Princess Medallion link. Just a thought <grin>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 4:26 PM, sciteach11 said:

 

17 hours ago, mamashamiller said:

Thanks sciteach11

read your message Tuesday and ordered and they are perfect

leaving sunday!!!!

 

 

15 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

Great!  Thanks for your feedback.  I'm going to order some of those now.  I'd rather wear the bracelet too.  

 

Ok - I just joined the bandwagon and ordered these today too. I've made goody bags for all of our traveling companions and will be putting these as well as the badge clips in each bag. There were cheaper ones on Amazon - I hope these hold up.

 

Thanks for the link sciteach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

 

 

 

Ok - I just joined the bandwagon and ordered these today too. I've made goody bags for all of our traveling companions and will be putting these as well as the badge clips in each bag. There were cheaper ones on Amazon - I hope these hold up.

 

Thanks for the link sciteach!

 

You’re welcome! I’m so glad everyone is finding them helpful. I’m also putting together little goody bags for my in-laws, since this will be their first cruise. I’ve got these bands and highlighters so far. What else should I put in them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sciteach11 said:

 

You’re welcome! I’m so glad everyone is finding them helpful. I’m also putting together little goody bags for my in-laws, since this will be their first cruise. I’ve got these bands and highlighters so far. What else should I put in them?

 

I went just a little "overboard" on these as well, but I am feeling a little anxious because 3 couples are coming due to my recommendation. That's a lot of pressure and I really want them to have a great experience:

  • Clorox Wipes (dollar store)
  • Mini Hand sanitizers (dollar store)
  • Night light (dollar store)
  • mini battery operated voltive candles (dollar store)
  • tissue packs (dollar store)
  • plug in 3 in one outlet 
  • highlighters (dollar store)
  • waterproof phone bags (amazon)
  • badge clips (amazon)

Now that I've read about Princess Cays and the bathroom situation, I think I'll buy some hand wipes as well. And of course the bands I just ordered.

I told everybody to pack their own band-aids, first aid supplies, otc meds, toiletries etc

 

Edited by hllwdcruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

duplicate post

 

Edited by hllwdcruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

 

I went just a little "overboard" on these as well, but I am feeling a little anxious because 3 couples are coming due to my recommendation. That's a lot of pressure and I really want them to have a great experience:

  • Clorox Wipes (dollar store)
  • Mini Hand sanitizers (dollar store)
  • Night light (dollar store)
  • mini battery operated voltive candles (dollar store)
  • tissue packs (dollar store)
  • plug in 3 in one outlet 
  • highlighters (dollar store)
  • waterproof phone bags (amazon)
  • badge clips (amazon)

Now that I've read about Princess Cays and the bathroom situation, I think I'll buy some hand wipes as well. And of course the bands I just ordered.

I told everybody to pack their own band-aids, first aid supplies, otc meds, toiletries etc

 

magnetic hooks, clips to put on walls to hold patters, hats

towel clips for pool chairs

realistic expectations...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 6:50 AM, sherman931 said:

Download the free Ocean Ready app from the App Store and it will walk you through the medallion process. I did it yesterday and my medallions will arrive about Feb 24 for my Mar 10 cruise 

 

Thanks.  Never would have known.  Seems like there would be something on the Print your Cruise documents page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 4:32 PM, Pamster said:

 

Thanks.  Never would have known.  Seems like there would be something on the Print your Cruise documents page.

This is what is on our cruise for April 14.

ocean ready.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the medallions come with the lanyard holder as the standard now?   When they first announced it they were saying they would come with the wristband and you'd have to buy other attachment options.  (I think the lanyard was going to sell for $25)  All the early unboxings showed the wristbands.

 

That's something I'd been wondering about (I've only cruised on the non-medallion ships so far), since I have a metal allergy (fairly severe - and to most metals) so not only can I likely not wear the medallion itself touching my skin (their wristbands, like the fitbit ones have no backing between your skin and the medallion), but I also can't wear watch bands and the like that have any sort of metal buckle or fastener that would touch my skin.  So I'd been wondering if I was going to have to just put the medallion in a normal plastic card holder on a lanyard - because I didn't want to have to pay extra for their lanyard.   But if it comes with the lanyard then that's better.

Edited by Obsi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, dumb question: the cruise cards contained other info such as your MDR dining time and table number, your folio number, muster location, and so on. How do you get this info now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I have seen some info showing medallion accessories but I have not seen anything saying where or how to purchase them. Are they only available once on board the ship or can you pre-purchase an accessory?  I am wanting to find out about the watch type wristband. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 11:47 AM, hllwdcruiser said:

 

At least they're not asking you to implant a chip in your hand.....yet!:classic_biggrin:

I went to the Vet and had a Princess microchip implanted. We're ready for our cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Obsi said:

So the medallions come with the lanyard holder as the standard now?   When they first announced it they were saying they would come with the wristband and you'd have to buy other attachment options.  (I think the lanyard was going to sell for $25)  All the early unboxings showed the wristbands.

 

That's something I'd been wondering about (I've only cruised on the non-medallion ships so far), since I have a metal allergy (fairly severe - and to most metals) so not only can I likely not wear the medallion itself touching my skin (their wristbands, like the fitbit ones have no backing between your skin and the medallion), but I also can't wear watch bands and the like that have any sort of metal buckle or fastener that would touch my skin.  So I'd been wondering if I was going to have to just put the medallion in a normal plastic card holder on a lanyard - because I didn't want to have to pay extra for their lanyard.   But if it comes with the lanyard then that's better.

 

I can't tell you what is standard or what will be the standard, but the ones that were sent to me and all my traveling buddies came with the lanyard and plastic carrying case. The medallion is completely enclosed in the plastic case so no metal will touch your skin. 

I hope this allays your concerns. 

IMG_0236.thumb.JPG.e2f081b94ee6d2bd3b1884c777e2e4e0.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gdisney said:

OK, dumb question: the cruise cards contained other info such as your MDR dining time and table number, your folio number, muster location, and so on. How do you get this info now?

 

I am boarding the Regal on Sunday. If no-one answers your questions before then I will try to report back and let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

I can't tell you what is standard or what will be the standard, but the ones that were sent to me and all my traveling buddies came with the lanyard and plastic carrying case. The medallion is completely enclosed in the plastic case so no metal will touch your skin. 

I hope this allays your concerns. 

 

Ok great thanks.  The metal on the lanyard option would be fine even if it wasn't enclosed as I'd be wearing it over clothing, but good to know there would be no metal touching skin.

 

I wonder if they found the lanyard option to be cheaper to produce and are doing those instead of the wristbands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure who posted the idea about using the Fitbit Zip bands but I really want to thank you.  We received our Medallions the other night and I had already purchased a Band from Amazon and as you can see from the picture below, it fit perfectly.  I now want to go back to Amazon and buy those pretty flower ones.  🙂

 

Thanks again!

Band.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon bands worked perfectly. At airport now after a wonderful week on the regal.

i was asked at least 10 times where I got my band. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 9:46 PM, mamashamiller said:

Thanks sciteach11

read your message Tuesday and ordered and they are perfect

leaving sunday!!!!

DD6795DC-2C64-4115-ABBC-160ACF1A7431.jpeg

You do not get 6 for the price that comes up. Read and select carefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2019 at 3:07 PM, WAMarathoner said:

Doug, I doubt they would have implemented this without a financial benefit to them.  As far as spending more money, it's the credit card principle.  People spend far more money with a cc than cash; likewise, when GWL added bracelets, their revenue per guest went up.  The simpler it is to spend more money, the more money people will spend.

 

We all have different comfort levels with privacy, RFID technology, and safety.  Some spill out their details across social media, others use VPNs and repeaters.  It's not paranoid when you look at some of the things that can happen.  For me, I probably won't be booking cruises where its use is mandatory.

I agree.  Not interested in using one, so probably won't sail on ships that make them mandatory.  Just curious, if a fob is placed in a RFID proof sleeve, will that prevent any kind of tracking?

Edited by mek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 6:37 PM, gdisney said:

OK, dumb question: the cruise cards contained other info such as your MDR dining time and table number, your folio number, muster location, and so on. How do you get this info now?

We just got off today.  We had lunch in the dining room when we boarded.  We had to ask the entrance since there was no card in our stateroom directing us where to go to dinner 

they said there should be a card but we didn’t have one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mek said:

Just curious, if a fob is placed in a RFID proof sleeve, will that prevent any kind of tracking?

True......even a piece of aluminum foil will kill any signal pickup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

True......even a piece of aluminum foil will kill any signal pickup. 

Yes - I've used that trick for credit cards when traveling, so problem solved.  If I don't want to be tracked or have someone anticipate my my every desire, then I will keep it in something to prevent tracking and only use it as a room key or to make a purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mek said:

Yes - I've used that trick for credit cards when traveling, so problem solved.  If I don't want to be tracked or have someone anticipate my my every desire, then I will keep it in something to prevent tracking and only use it as a room key or to make a purchase.

The only problem with using something to hide the Medallion is that it'll have to be removed each time to enter your cabin, which to me is the most important feature aside from finding your cabin mate. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WE JUST GOT AN E-MAIL CONFIRMING THAT OUR MEDALLIONS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED; EVEN PROVIDED A TRACKING NUMBER...WAY TO GO PRINCESS!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • NCL Sail-Away Giveaway Sweepstakes - Win a 7-Day Cruise on Norwegian Joy!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...