Think that P&O is going downmarket? Try Virgin!

Selbourne

Very interesting. Thanks for posting the link. You do have to hand it to Virgin that they can re-invent anything and some of the initiatives are very clever indeed. I know that red is the brand colour, but it is such a cheap looking colour and an assault on the eyes when used so comprehensively. I have no doubt, however, that our kids would love it. 

Edited by Selbourne

Here's an update from the man himself. No buffets onboard, free wi-fi, no gratuities. The crew will be paid a salary. Also no single use plastic, including bottled water, straws, stirrers and individual serving packets.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/travel/richard-branson-reveals-how-his-new-adults-only-cruise-line-virgin-voyages-is-going-to-turn-the-cruise-industry-upside-down/ar-BBTQbP3?ocid=spartanntp

On 2/14/2019 at 9:41 AM, Highpeaklad said:

From what I’ve seen Virgin looks massively more upmarket compared to P&O. Even the new P&O ships don’t have much of a wow factor eg. The Britannia atrium feels like sitting in a shopping mall. 

Can't remember seeing a tattoo parlour in the Britannia atrium. Didn't see many people wearing vests in the MDR either.