Diamond status

Tbucs19

51 minutes ago, rkkunk said:

Congrats on making Diamond!!! We will also finally make Diamond on our cruise in March! Too bad we can’t use those benefits on our next cruises. Have fun!

Look at it this way. At least you'll have something else to look forward to on your next RC cruise. 

Congrats...we too will become Diamond on our cruise this May...I only hope they dont change the requirements before we get to use the Diamond benefits in a future cruise. I fear they will change the points required or the perks and Diamond will be more like Emerald...which sucks...lol...10 RCL cruises and I get a can of Coke in my room....haha

6 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Only Pinnacle is recognized on the cruise that you obtain it.

That's really not accurate. You may be 'recognized' at an event but you rarely get any benefits.  Heck, some report they didnt even get the invite to Pinnacle lunch.

We got CK lunch, Barefoot Beach, and Pinnacle Lunch. And that was after being on ship for 6 weeks prior. 

Edited by John&LaLa

36 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's really not accurate. You may be 'recognized' at an event but you rarely get any benefits.  Heck, some report they didnt even get the invite to Pinnacle lunch.

We got CK lunch, Barefoot Beach, and Pinnacle Lunch. And that was after being on ship for 6 weeks prior. 

If you're talking about the Oasis I can believe it. The LA on that ship is a complete idiot. I won't attend any function when he's on.

1 hour ago, Retired LEO said:

If you're talking about the Oasis I can believe it. The LA on that ship is a complete idiot. I won't attend any function when he's on.

🤔 I'm afraid we are going to have to disagree on that.  Sergei is awesome. He really takes good care of Laura.  

Plenty of lousy LA's out there,  but we think he's one of the best.

What ship did you turn Pinnacle on?

4 hours ago, E23NK1 said:

Congrats...we too will become Diamond on our cruise this May...I only hope they dont change the requirements before we get to use the Diamond benefits in a future cruise. I fear they will change the points required or the perks and Diamond will be more like Emerald...which sucks...lol...10 RCL cruises and I get a can of Coke in my room....haha

That is also a fear of mine!

While not being able to use the benefits until the next cruise gives us something to look forward to, since we don’t have a future cruise booked, I am not sure when we will finally be able to use them!

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I don’t doubt that but I haven’t seen them use a list.  Seems a whole lo5 easier to look at your card quickly than searching through hundreds of names on a list.

The concierge approached me with her clipboard and list in hand and asked what stateroom we were in since she did not recognize us.  A lot of people seem to sneak in the roped off area of the overflow section.

11 hours ago, E23NK1 said:

Once you obtain a status it won't be demoted. You'd basically be grandfathered in assuming you complete your May cruise prior to any theoretical changes.

7 minutes ago, rbschultz said:

Once you obtain a status it won't be demoted. You'd basically be grandfathered in assuming you complete your May cruise prior to any theoretical changes.

Diamonds were still Diamond when they were kicked out of the CL years ago. 

Just now, island lady said:

Diamonds were still Diamond when they were kicked out of the CL years ago. 

Its not a demotion in status. Theres now a Diamond lounge on most ships. I'm saying once you're Diamond, you're Diamond. Sure they may change the perks and make it more difficult to obtain, but they won't take the title from you.

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You were recognized on two ships.  Loved the second party on Majesty.  They sure did it up right!  🙂 

Friend of ours turned on Rhapsody in January.  She got all the perks, an award ceremony at the upper tier, and her new card given to her.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rbschultz said:

Its not a demotion in status. Theres now a Diamond lounge on most ships. I'm saying once you're Diamond, you're Diamond. Sure they may change the perks and make it more difficult to obtain, but they won't take the title from you.

That was what I said "Diamonds were still Diamonds".   Before the installation of the Diamond Lounges (after the Ds were ousted out of the CL)...they had the "Diamond Events".  We enjoyed them, even though no concierge, only beer/wine/cheap bubbly with bar nuts.  Some of the most memorable times were on Freedom during their event.  

There are DLs on ALL RCI ships except Majesty and Empress.  CLs are going away little at a time.  

Edited by island lady

Just now, island lady said:

That was what I said "Diamonds were still Diamonds".   Before the installation of the Diamond Lounges (after the Ds were ousted out of the CL)...they had the "Diamond Events".  We enjoyed them, even though no concierge, only beer/wine/cheap bubbly with bar nuts.  Some of the most memorable times were on Freedom during their event.  

There are DLs on ALL RCI ships except Majesty and Empress.  CLs are going away little at a time.  

Maybe I mistook your message. apologies.