Cruise Insurance?

travellingonMSC

We are from the UK and sail on our first cruise in June to the Med and are looking to get out extra insurance.

We are worried that if there is any delay with our flight to Barcelona we would miss the boat's departure.

Can anyone recommend an insurance company which will cover flight delays and also if we miss the boat?

Thank you in advance.

Seeing as how there haven't been any responses, I didn't want to leave you hanging.

I'm from the US. Many people who frequent this board are from the States, however I am hoping that someone from the UK will respond.

There are many differences, regulations, and consumer protection laws that vary from country to country and that is why many of us from the States can't offer you much help.

I did VPN tunnel to the UK and asked Google about "Travel Insurance". There were many hits that popped up for sites that sell different policies. Might want to try a couple of these and see if they might help.

Important information (if you were asking about US policies)

Your specific question about delay with flight to Barcelona: In the US, this would be covered under Trip Delay with 2 important caveats. The first being that different policies have different amount of time that defines a "delay". One policy might have a delay of 2 hours, one might have a delay of 4 hours, another might have a delay of 12 hours. To qualify for reimbursement, the delay had to exceed the time amount of your policy. Number 2 caveat is that in the US, all insurance is reimbursement based. In other words, you pay up front out of your pocket, and then after all is said and done, you file for reimbursement.

• Like 1