Unlimited Internet Price on Edge?

BrendaJ

I’m looking at the price for unlimited wifi for one device for our upcoming Edge cruise and the price is $293 CDN for one week.   Is that right?  Last year, I believe we paid that much for a 19 night cruise on the Solstice.   Are the prices higher on the Edge, or is it perhaps a typo?  

The prices on Celebrity site I believe give you a 10% discount and are built into the online price.  I checked my Edge cruise and it was priced at 29.81 per da USD.    I recently saw they also are offering a Social account (email, text and light browsing) and a lesser price.   I would call celebrity and check as your rate seems high. 

he prices are generally the same on the ship as pre-booking.    Often they will have a 25% discount sale pre-boarding.     Also once on the ship they usually have a 50% sale at the 1/2 way point of the cruise. 

Other options -    Classic          10% Discount

Select  -         25% Discount 

Elite     -         30% Discount or 90 Minutes (each)

Elite+  -          35% Discount or 180 Minutes  (each)

The discounts above you have to call to have applied pre-sailing or it will be automatic on the ship.

Other options is Daily Use Pass   49.99   or  19.99  an hour 

As others have said it is very easy to share a single package between two people.    

• Like 1

Thanks so much, Jim_Iain.   With our lousy Canadian dollar exchange rate, it appears the price I am seeing is not a typo.  I think we will tough it out with our Elite+ minutes fo ,our first week, and the second is in a suite so we we have unlimited internet for that.   

6 hours ago, BrendaJ said:

Thanks so much, Jim_Iain.   With our lousy Canadian dollar exchange rate, it appears the price I am seeing is not a typo.  I think we will tough it out with our Elite+ minutes fo ,our first week, and the second is in a suite so we we have unlimited internet for that.   

Remember that as Elite+  you get either the free minutes or 35% discount.   In order to get the discount you have to call Captain's Club or sign up on the ship where it is automatically applied.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:10 AM, BrendaJ said:

I’m looking at the price for unlimited wifi for one device for our upcoming Edge cruise and the price is $293 CDN for one week.   Is that right?  Last year, I believe we paid that much for a 19 night cruise on the Solstice.   Are the prices higher on the Edge, or is it perhaps a typo?  

BrendaJ, did you notice if they had the social package available onboard the Solstice?  I wasn't sure if they only had the unlimited package available, because that's all that was showing for my upcoming sailing.  Just figured I would ask someone that has already sailed on her.  :)  Thanks for your help! 

I recently paid $146 US with the 10% off and 35% off for Elite + for one device unlimited (7 days).

On the last couple of cruises I had the unlimited internet due to being in suites. I had 2 devices and it was a little painful to go back and forth at times, but overall not an issue. They did offer the 2nd device addition for $130 (pop up offer when I was I was switching devices). I caved last time because I was going back and forth so much, but in retrospect, I probably should have asked if there was a CC discount for that as well.

Here are the usual prices:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

• 3 weeks later...

It turns out that, once you are on board, there are more internet options.   If you just want to do normal surfing, there is a cheaper version.   With a Captain’s Club discount, my friend got unlimited internet for the week for less than $100.   The Xcelerate is more meant for streaming movies and FaceTime, etc.   I was able to post multiple photos on Facebook and e-mail photos with the cheaper version with no issues.