Why are P&O no longer docking in Amsterdam

AlisonB1978

33 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Interesting - Marella are docking in Amsterdam and in the booking information it says Authorities now require a tourist tax of €8 per day and that this will be added to your on-board account.  Easy solution for cruise companies (though not if you're trying to make a point) - I'm sure most passengers would prefer that to the hassle of shuttles and for the convenience of being in the city.   However, it was never mentioned in the booking process - just in the paperwork, perhaps it should have been flagged up though I'm sure no one would fail to book on that basis. 

As you say, this would have been a simple solution - except that P&O and all its fellow Carnival companies are using their passengers as 'hostages' in a war against Amsterdam.

4 hours ago, docco said:

As you say, this would have been a simple solution - except that P&O and all its fellow Carnival companies are using their passengers as 'hostages' in a war against Amsterdam.

Docco, you were unhappy and quite vocal about this situation. Just curious, did you ever get any satisfaction from P&O? (I know that you may not be able to say anything even if you did if you signed a NDA)

58 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Docco, you were unhappy and quite vocal about this situation. Just curious, did you ever get any satisfaction from P&O? (I know that you may not be able to say anything even if you did if you signed a NDA)

The person in question has not been on a cruise which included Amsterdam as far as I know. I seem to remember there was one in the future but as we have been told all future ones have been cancelled.

1 hour ago, daiB said:

The person in question has not been on a cruise which included Amsterdam as far as I know. I seem to remember there was one in the future but as we have been told all future ones have been cancelled.

I'd missed that news daiB - were there any other details?

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

He cannot say anyway because he made it plain in many threads that he was going go to go all the way and "sue" P&O.

Edited by majortom10

3 hours ago, docco said:

I'd love to be able to update you all, but it's just not possible at present.

Surely on the basis that you cancelled all your future P&O cruises, the limit of your claim would now be any lost deposit? I’m intrigued by the mystery. I have personal experience of two separate NDA’s with P&O, both for many times the amount of the maximum that I think you would get for this complaint, and neither were enforceable in law as they were incorrectly written with the onus on confidentiality sitting with P&O and not me. Perhaps they’ve got their act together at last?