Magens Bay after hurricane

royalcfan

• 3 weeks later...

I live here in St Thomas.  Magen's looks as amazing as always.  The only thing you might notice is there are fewer trees for shade and many new palms with wooden supports until they take root.  Other than that the restaurant and bar are better than before and the beach is fantastic.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2019 at 11:47 AM, stuscott said:

I live here in St Thomas.  Magen's looks as amazing as always.  The only thing you might notice is there are fewer trees for shade and many new palms with wooden supports until they take root.  Other than that the restaurant and bar are better than before and the beach is fantastic.  

Great news!  We are so excited to get back to St Thomas.  How much cash would you suggest we take?    Can we rent chairs & umbrella?

• 2 weeks later...

Both are great beaches.  Sapphire has snorkeling where Magens does not.  Sapphire bar looks amazing and cool lively place to hang out.  If you have small kids Magens might be better because it's all sand and very calm.  

Sand and Seas since we are a US island credit cards are readily accepted.  But for taxis which only take cash I would bring at least $200 just to have on hand.  

USVI is also extremely safe for tourists.  There is virtually no pickpocketing, scammers or people harassing you.  We treat our tourists with respect.

1 hour ago, stuscott said:

Sand and Seas since we are a US island credit cards are readily accepted.  But for taxis which only take cash I would bring at least $200 just to have on hand.  

USVI is also extremely safe for tourists.  There is virtually no pickpocketing, scammers or people harassing you.  We treat our tourists with respect.

Thanks for your reply!

We will be on a NCL ship so will be coming from Havensight area. 

Do you have a rough idea of what Taxi for two would be?