Cruise Critic Community
southerngoose

Unlimited Soda Pkg and Big Cup

Hi...I drink lots of water and soda and as such, I bought the unlimited soda package to get my club soda and diet coke.   After hearing that I won't get a souvenir cup (which I wouldn't want anyway), I bought a 32 oz cup (a Yeti clone), with a straw.   Will there be an issue getting my cup refilled because it's large?   I'm not sharing...I'm just a heavy consumer and I want to grab my drink, run around the ship, refill at the next bar etc.  

I don’t think our cups were that big but we had probably 24oz cups and they refilled them with no problem. Those souvenir Princess cups were no good. Awfully small and tended to leak at the lid. 

You will get a cup with the soda package.  Look further down this forum to find the thread and you will see some pics that I posted.  It holds 16 oz with no ice and no straw attached. 

Look under princess souvenier tumbler. Then #14

Edited by cheeseclan

I am a big time soda drinker and have used a Tervis cup for refills on past cruises with no issues. 

6 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

You will get a cup with the soda package.  

When we bought our package, they didn't give us a cup.  Then we were told we could get a couple bottles of water instead, but no one we asked, including customer service, knew what we were asking about. I'll try to buy it from the main guy selling it this time instead of at the bar.

I have not had any problems when I bring my own mug. Sometimes they would fill it direct and other times they fill a glass and I would have to fill my mug and if it is not full I would ask for a second glass.

My last two cruises (Emerald last April  and Ruby last November), I was told no cup. That I could buy one. I even asked at the Passenger Services Desk to make sure that was the policy and they affirmed it. No cup.