Do suite guests have access to DL on Voyager of the Seas?

NumnuT

14 hours ago, ibonexheadi said:

"We now offer either the Diamond Lounge or a Diamond Event on every ship in our fleet. On ships with a Concierge Lounge, it will be limited to Diamond Plus and Suite guests (excluding Junior Suites)."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/diamond-lounge-loyalty-members 

Suite guests do indeed have access to it. Wondering why so many people are giving the wrong answer here, maybe it was a recent change? 

DIAMOND Lounge is only available to those that have reached Diamond status and above.  This is from the link you posted.   CONCIERGE  Lounge as mentioned, is different than access to Diamond Lounge.  What "wrong answer"? :classic_dry:

On ships with a Concierge Lounge, it will be limited to Diamond Plus and Suite guests (excluding Junior Suites). Due to the size of the Lounge, we regret that we cannot honor requests for entrance to friends or relatives of eligible guests. The Lounge is open twenty-four hours a day. Guests utilize their Gold SeaPass Card to enter the Lounge. 

Edited by island lady

12 hours ago, Mythbuster said:

I really don't understand the issue, why would you want to go to the DL instead of the Suite Lounge?  We have traveled with non-suite Diamond members and tried the DL and there was no comparison.  The SL is not as crowded, easier access to the concierge and drinks and nicer furnishing.

I second this motion.  All things being equal, why would a suite guest care about the Diamond Lounge when he/she has access to a nicer, more exclusive facility?  I have been sailing in Grand Suites for 10 years and have loved the CL/SL concept of a dedicated space.  As a D+ passenger I have access to the Diamond Lounge and do sometimes hang out there (after Bingo on the Grandeur, for example); not bad, but still prefer the Suite Lounge.  I had always thought, however, that Suite passengers had access to all lounges, regardless of loyalty level, but as I read these posts, that is evidently not the case.

Edited by st5310

5 minutes ago, st5310 said:

I second this motion.  All things being equal, why would a suite guest care about the Diamond Lounge when he/she has access to a nicer, more exclusive facility?  I have been sailing in Grand Suites for 10 years and have loved the CL/SL concept of a dedicated space.  As a D+ passenger I have access to the Diamond Lounge and do sometimes hang out there (after Bingo on the Grandeur, for example); not bad, but still prefer the Suite Lounge.  I had always thought, however, that Suite passengers had access to all lounges, regardless of loyalty level, but as I read these posts, that is evidently not the case.

In many cases the DL is nicer than the CL.

That is being changed with drydocks.  The old CL on Voyager and Freedom ships was tiny and windowless.  The new location of SL on 14 is now a bit nicer that those old DL's

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That is being changed with drydocks.  The old CL on Voyager and Freedom ships was tiny and windowless.  The new location of SL on 14 is now a bit nicer that those old DL's

From what I gather...the new SL on Mariner is bigger than the DL (both on VCL deck).  Wonder how crowded the smaller DL is on that now?  

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'll defer to your experience here, as I have not cruised on every Royal ship, but the ones I have sailed on, the SL/CL was nicer, although I admit sometimes not by much!  And I, too, like the newer Suite Lounges on Voyager class.  Larger, airier, and better located (with windows).

1 minute ago, st5310 said:

I'll defer to your experience here, as I have not cruised on every Royal ship, but the ones I have sailed on, the SL/CL was nicer, although I admit sometimes not by much!  And I, too, like the newer Suite Lounges on Voyager class.  Larger, airier, and better located (with windows).

The old CL on Radiance series was very tiny also, (though they did have a window) until they relocated them into the old cigar bar on VCL deck.  Original CL was changed out to a non balcony family JS cabin.  

Agree with John, the former CL on Voyager and Freedom class was like a dark closet.  That location was changed out to add in several inside cabins.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

From what I gather...the new SL on Mariner is bigger than the DL (both on VCL deck).  Wonder how crowded the smaller DL is on that now?  

Not sure about Mariner yet, but the new SL on Adventure is larger and has a nice outside area. The DL was crowded, plenty of room in the SL

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, island lady said:

The old CL on Radiance series was very tiny also, (though they did have a window) until they relocated them into the old cigar bar on VCL deck.  Original CL was changed out to a non balcony family JS cabin.  

Agree with John, the former CL on Voyager and Freedom class was like a dark closet.  That location was changed out to add in several inside cabins.  

I didnt mind the CL on Freedom, it was quieter

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Not sure about Mariner yet, but the new SL on Adventure is larger and has a nice outside area. The DL was crowded, plenty of room in the SL

Kind of like the set up of the DL and CL on Radiance I assume?  Will be checking it out in June. 

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

I didnt mind the CL on Freedom, it was quieter

We liked it for after dinner cocktails...was indeed quiet by then.  Too crowded before dinner, as usual.  Preferred the airy DL on VCL deck before dinner, which many times overflowed into the card room (not a fan of those though).  

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

On the Explorer when the CL was on deck 9 and dark there was no DL, only Diamond events in the card room.  So even when it was in the dark room it was better than nothing.  On our last cruise on the Explorer from NJ before dry dock, they closed off the 19th hole for CL overflow, it was much better and we had access to any drinks including frozen drinks.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

That's certainly true...we were recently on Freedom (B2B) and enjoyed the DL the CL was so small and dark. But the nice thing was using the over flow for the DL that was in Olive/Twist...we had an amazing server from the DL that came out to check on us and bring our drinks.

Will be on Vision in May (JS D+) what's the set up there...and also on Adventure in Oct?

12 minutes ago, Ashland said:

That's certainly true...we were recently on Freedom (B2B) and enjoyed the DL the CL was so small and dark. But the nice thing was using the over flow for the DL that was in Olive/Twist...we had an amazing server from the DL that came out to check on us and bring our drinks.

Will be on Vision in May (JS D+) what's the set up there...and also on Adventure in Oct?

The Adventure has converted from CL to a SL outside the Crown Lounge.  Unfortunately, the SL is not available to D+, only Grand Suites and above and Pinnacle.  However, the DL is nice but no outside area and much more crowded than the SL.  They do use the Crown Lounge as overflow for the DL.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

Vision is a twin to Rhapsody, so I think it is probably be the same.  CL up on VCL deck, quite small and may or may not have overflow into VCL.  

DL on deck six in small walled off section of the aft lounge, with overflow into that lounge.  On Rhapsody they had to set up the bar in overflow area due to very small counter top in DL.  We are on a year from now, B2B, and assume it is same set up.  

• Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 11:56 PM, John&LaLa said:

I'm also pretty sure the suite guests dont get the 3 drinks on card, but they should, in my opinion. Especially if the CL/SL is overloaded

We were in a GS on Mariner last October. Our cards would not open the DL.

Our cards DID have 3 drinks applied each night.

We are platinum.

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
clarification
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

We were in a GS on Mariner last October. Our cards would not open the DL.

Our cards DID have 3 drinks applied each night.

We are platinum.

Well that's interesting, hopefully that's across the fleet

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Vision is a twin to Rhapsody, so I think it is probably be the same. 

Actually it's different. Vision's DL is located on the left as you enter the lounge (rather than all the way aft like on Rhapsody). I like Rhapsody's aft view way better and I think the venue itself was bigger on Rhapsody (it's been a while).

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

The CL on Freedom has no windows but certainly wasn’t dark. Small, yes. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mythbuster said:

Unfortunately, the SL is not available to D+, only Grand Suites and above and Pinnacle. 

Exactly as it should be...

We don't cruise every year but when we do we only stay in a GS...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Actually it's different. Vision's DL is located on the left as you enter the lounge (rather than all the way aft like on Rhapsody). I like Rhapsody's aft view way better and I think the venue itself was bigger on Rhapsody (it's been a while).

Ahh...OK...thanks.  It's been a few years since we have been on the little Vision.  We even have one of our first crystal blocks from the cute little ship.  I seem to remember a tiny lounge back there on the left, and forgot which ship it was.  We are on again for a B2B out of PR.  Will be good to see her again...before she and the rest of her sisters go bye-bye.  😞 

Agree...I love the spread out use of the overflow DL on Rhapsody.  Preferred that over the CL with overflow into the VCL, plus Alan is in the DL on Rhapsody now, of whom we enjoy.  🙂 

Edited by island lady

Here is a current picture of the CL on Freedom:

https://screenshots.firefox.com/d1iRfXwTs1xIqDqT/www.cruisecritic.com

Judge for yourself, I personally think it is somewhat dark without windows but my biggest problem is the low ceilings which give me claustrophobia.  This is also the same as the old CL on the Explorer.  I stopped going because when it gets crowded I feel like I am sitting on the last row of an airplane.

• Like 1