Noise Concerns- Anthem of the Sea

resjes

Do not push the envelope on port departure times. They will leave without you.

For Anthem, on the same deck you board you can walk across to the excursions area to book activities on the ship on the iPad kiosks. They hold back some things from the cruise planner so if you want to do things like the iFly or Escape room, book as soon as you board. 

Cafe270, aft on 5, is a better choice for lunch on boarding day than the Windjammer. Your room will be available at 1pm. 

If you need to go to guest services for things that can wait half a day, go very early in the morning when there is never a line. 

Good call on paying your gratuities up front. No worries on that. You can always add some extra cash for people that go above and beyond as you see fit but the flat rate is sufficient otherwise. 

Sorry people..first time on this and have a thousand things I keep thinking of. I did a sightseeing ship on Bermuda to the aquarium. 1 is it like a tender port 2 can you get off and go into the acquarium or is this a stay inside the ship only thing? It is only 2 hours

1 hour ago, resjes said:

Sorry people..first time on this and have a thousand things I keep thinking of. I did a sightseeing ship on Bermuda to the aquarium. 1 is it like a tender port 2 can you get off and go into the acquarium or is this a stay inside the ship only thing? It is only 2 hours

I note St. Maarten has two sides. Are you allowed to cross to the French side to get to Marigot from the side you port on in Phillipsburg ?

30 mins prior to departure is "all aboard" in Ports of Call.    If you are there at 29 mins. to go, you will get on the ship.

Best to err on the side of caution, as you  never know what hold-ups you'll encounter getting back to the ship!

Thank you everyone. So I am doing Amiga Island and parasail at Labadee Haiti. It says the boat ride to the parasail is 45-60 mins, is that 1 way? My concern is that it is in cruise planner for 3-4 and departure is 5 pm.

Sorry I keep adding to this. I am doing the San Juan City / Americas Mall and it says "you have 1.5 hrs to shop before making your way back to the pier". Are we expected to take a taxi back to port or do they provide transportation?

On another note, do a lot of stores close by 6 at St. Maarten? I see we depart at 8 but I finish with a rendezvous around 530.