Cruise Critic Community
maryred

Carnival Mardi Gras Sept 24 2020, 6 Day New York, NY to Canada/New England 9/24/20

Hi everyone. Can't wait for this new ship, and so excited it's USA inaugural cruise will be out of New York.

1. My best friend and I will be joining you!  Very excited.

My 2 sisters and I will be sailing on this cruise! We are so excited to sail out of New York!!

Me and my wife Are doing this one after sailing from Southampton 

Deposit paid, we’re doing this one and the Journeys repo to Canaveral. 

Only 562 days to go!!!

Posted (edited)

Hey Guys, My wife and I and friends from Pitt, Pen. will be sailing on this Cruise. We are from New Orleans area and we are so excited to be able to sail on the Mardi Gras.

thumbnail.jpg

Edited by Sailing Cajun
add photo

We booked this cruise within the first day the itineraries came out.  We are also on the 15 day after this one.  We will be staying in Family Harbor Oceanview.  It's nice to eat breakfast nearby during port days.  

We got a midships cove balcony for the back-to-back. Looking forward very much to this one.

Not on this one but we are booked on the Mardi Gras on Sept. 30th for the 15 day repositioning cruise down to Port Canaveral. We've never sailed out of New York before. Can someone tell me which pier Carnival sails from? We'll be flying in the day before and need to start the search for hotel, hopefully somewhat nearby. I have no idea where to start since I've never even been to NY!

I would love to hear any suggestions on hotel, and things to do the afternoon we arrive. 

I'm so looking forward to being on the Mardi Gras!

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, rjwlfan4us said:

We booked this cruise within the first day the itineraries came out.  We are also on the 15 day after this one.  We will be staying in Family Harbor Oceanview.  It's nice to eat breakfast nearby during port days.  

We also got it on the first day. Close to home, ive already been to both ports but we are basically just going to check out the ship.

Posted (edited)

My wife and I just booked this cruise, first time on Carnival, first time heading north. Any suggestions on things to do in Portland and St Johns?

Edited by dega2

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, dega2 said:

My wife and I just booked this cruise, first time on Carnival, first time heading north. Any suggestions on things to do in Portland and St Johns?

We did the Kennybunkport tour last time in Portland. That was pretty cool, very nice little seaside town with lots of little shops and places to eat. We got back to the ship really late and the ship actually had to wait for us but since it was a Carnival excursion it wasn't a problem. For St. Johns we did the Bay of Fundy....that was a wife thing. It was what it was for me, cool to see because its a natural phenomenon but I wouldn't pay to go again. Both had pretty long drives. Portland you can kind of stay close and find stuff to do, St. Johns however is one of those ports that there isn't much around it and you kind of need to book an excursion.   

I forgot, in St. Johns there are some stores and a small downtown area within walking distance. The port isn't much to speak of but you can find some shops and historical stuff around the area.

Matymil thanks for the information about the ports, I guess we will just wing it maybe look for some private tours, the tours through the cruise line are usually more expensive but they are better in case you are late returning to the ship.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 7:00 AM, dega2 said:

Matymil thanks for the information about the ports, I guess we will just wing it maybe look for some private tours, the tours through the cruise line are usually more expensive but they are better in case you are late returning to the ship.

We have done private tours in the past but oddly enough the only time that we were actually late coming back to the ship was in Portland. We would have been screwed if we hadn't gone through Carnival. We found it harder to find private tours in Portland and Canada. Seems to be way more options down in the islands.

Butch and I booked this one and the Transatlantic before it and the repositioning after. Looking forward to meeting y’all 

Stinks that FTTF is already sold out :( hopefully they add more. We will just be missing platinum on this sailing

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:49 PM, matymil said:

Stinks that FTTF is already sold out :( hopefully they add more. We will just be missing platinum on this sailing

Donna and I are on the October 31th sailing of Mardi Gras.  :classic_biggrin:

Just like you, our FTTF was sold out as fast as it was listed. :classic_sad: Which I find very interesting. :classic_angry:

Just do us a favor, don't break anything before we get a chance to enjoy the new ship. :classic_ohmy: 

(otherwise, this is why we can't have nice things):classic_huh:

P.S. Walking around downtown Portland is very nice. (nice shops and small places to eat).  

The Bay of Fundy is pretty incredible, with it's huge tide changes.

FYI about FTTF on FAQ website

Faster to the Fun is not offered on Carnival Journeys departures, cruises in Europe, nor on cruises from the following home ports: Honolulu, Norfolk and Vancouver. It will be offered on the Carnival Panorama, starting with departures in February 2020, Carnival Radiance, starting with departures in January 2021 and Mardi Gras, starting in 2021(Date to be determined)

Welcome aboard!

John and Jodi

Favette

Daz4109

MalGee64

noitsnotatuba

Sailing Cajun

matymil
dega2
grannyjo1952 
DD474 

lennysails