We have worked on the issues many of you are experiencing due to our log in system. 

You should no longer be experiencing:

• Being logged out intermittently
  • Not being recognized as logged in when accessing a roll call  from a bookmark/email (ie:  permission error shown for 10 seconds, then screen cycles and you are logged in and shown the thread)
  • Potentially this may fix the tapatalk log in issues as well 

Please respond to this topic and let us know your experiences since I have posted this update.

• Are you being logged out ?
  • Are you seeing that lag/refresh  and possible permission denied error when coming back to the site from email/bookmark
  • Tapatalk - are you still being continuously logged out?

Thanks for helping us to test this out 🙂  Let us know if you have noticed anything else out of spec since the fix was pushed out this morning as well.

• Thanks 1

On the main Tapatalk screen, if I click on notifications at the bottom, it takes you to current notifications.

a1a458865e47c1c57233a48f23a1399c.jpg

If I click on any of those notifications, they require a login to cruise critic for each notification.

cecc6e44c7ef323897677450ab1677cc.jpg

If I select cruise critic from the main screen, it will take me to a second screen that has a link to notifications just from cruise critic.

64b1fff1724915fddda195495e5b6249.jpg

Going to this notification screen keeps you logged in

51783d4c4565308e39e62df6a99beee5.jpg

It looks like this should be the preferred method to stay logged in.

Past Reviews post 184

Jenn, thanks for the update. I was just logged out on my iPhone. I did not have this issue earlier today (laptop and phone), or any other problems. 

I have remained logged in since early morning using Tapatalk. Both on my iPhone and iPad. No longer being continuously logged out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, whogo said:

I am staying logged in. Cruise Critic no longer double loads the webpage.

I'm also seeing the absence of double-loading, so that's working.

There is something similar still going on in the background, though, because although the log-in to the forums now happens without double-loading, the "Log In" / "Log Out" icon near the top right-hand corner of the screen (in the floating navigation banner) always comes up as "Log In" and then changes to "Log Out". It doesn't affect the log-in to the main part of the page, so the technical re-jig that makes it do this is much appreciated.

On 2/13/2019 at 7:34 PM, Turtles06 said:

Jenn, thanks for the update. I was just logged out on my iPhone. I did not have this issue earlier today (laptop and phone), or any other problems. 

That was last night.  This evening, I was just logged out on my iPad (had no issues today on my phone).  :classic_sad:

It seems to be working okay for me now. I logged out of Tapatalk and logged back in, and then logged into CC. I have posted and then closed Tapatalk. I reopened it and was able to go directly to CC without logging in.

On the main RC Board I am still only able to load 20 threads and then I get the circular spinning and nothing more loads.

Any tips?

9d7ddf89822b5e3897fb6c6af724b2d9.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 8:17 PM, Broomfield said:

I have no trouble finding my roll call 

How do I get my name on the roll call and do a post?

I would like to talk to the members who have signed up

Go to your roll call.

Come to the box at the bottom of the page that says 'Reply to this topic' and start typing.  Just like you did on this thread.  Alternatively, you could go to the top of the page and click on the blue box that says 'Reply to this topic' and it will bring you down to the box at the bottom.  Introduce yourself, etc.  EM

1 hour ago, solway shipping said:

Thanks Charles but I still cannot connect, I only see this error message.

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.b738f648.1550575181.822b4c5

I have no problem connecting. Screenshot attached that I just took.

1 (8).jpg

14 minutes ago, solway shipping said:

Interesting, thanks Charles. That is the page I'm after, I thought it might be my laptop running W10 but I have tried it on my desktop running 8.1 and it still comes up with the error message. Ah well if I can't register, I can't register! :classic_rolleyes:

I would suggest trying a different web browser.