Airport Information ?

chk-gnt

I would plan to be off the ship about 7- 8am  then it depends on how you are getting to LHR

National Express is about 2 + hrs

Private car service  probably 90 mins  depending on traffic

cruise shuttle 2.5 hrs

I would book something after 2 pm or later  just  to be on the safe  side 

YMMV

Thanks for the answer. The Virgin Atlantic flight that I was looking at leaves at 12:35 P.M, I was afraid that was too early. So, looks like I may be looking for a Hotel for the night. Though a private car might be cheaper that a Hotel.

Edited by chk-gnt
change

9 minutes ago, chk-gnt said:

Thanks for the answer. The Virgin Atlantic flight that I was looking at leaves at 12:35 P.M, I was afraid that was too early. So, looks like I may be looking for a Hotel for the night. Though a private car might be cheaper that a Hotel.

if you can  be on the road by 7am or earlier  you might make that flight

it could be  a big IF  😉

If you book a car service like Smith’s to pick you up at 7:30 you could easily make Heathrow by 9:30.  Of course a disaster on the road negates anything I say.   We had a similar situation last year with a 1:00 PM flight out of LGW and they had us there with extra time to spare.

By the way only one word and one H for Southampton.  Otherwise can be a problem looking at rail & bus schedules.

Disembarkation is usually from about 7am unassisted, with regular disembarkation from 7.30am

You should make LHR in time with a private transfer, but unless it's a Saturday or Sunday give yourselves that little extra wiggle-time by disembarking unassisted (don't put your bags in the corridor on the last night - instead schlepp it down yourselves in the morning) with a car booked for 7.15. That also avoids any lines for collecting luggage etc. The minimum drive time of 1hr 20 is only for weekends, during the week it could easily be double but that's still in good time for a 12.35 flight. Ideally you should be at your LHR terminal 90 minutes before your flight time.

A car service to LHR should cost you south of £100, that's probably cheaper than ship's bus transfer for two.

Try www.smithsforairports.com and www.westquaycars.com and www.aquacars.co.uk

All are based in Southampton, all are frequently recommended on Cruise Critic

JB :classic_smile: