Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lindatoo

Piano Player

Recommended Posts

When we were on the Regal or Royal (not sure which) There was a piano player from the Fort Lauderdale area that was hysterical. Loved him. Is he still there?  He played in the Crooners Lounge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No thats not him, he was older, I think a blonde. He introduced his partner to everyone, talked about your houses and what you had in those houses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

um, OK ...

 

we just think of Crooners as a true Piano Bar ... not a karaoke lounge type place ...

 

we just want to listen to the smooth tunes ... but hey, that's just us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, voljeep said:

um, OK ...

 

we just think of Crooners as a true Piano Bar ... not a karaoke lounge type place ...

 

we just want to listen to the smooth tunes ... but hey, that's just us

Yeah, that's us, too.  But there are some piano players that Princess uses that do the rowdy dueling piano-type show.  We've had a couple of the piano players we really liked, and at least one who was really obnoxious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we walked out on Kory Simon ... again, just not our style in that environment ... maybe as a lounge act in another venue ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, lindatoo said:

No thats not him, he was older, I think a blonde. He introduced his partner to everyone, talked about your houses and what you had in those houses.

You seem to be describing Perry Grant.  Very popular among certain cruisers.  Not one of our favorites.  Not sure where he is now but he moves around on various cruise lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wheezedr said:

You seem to be describing Perry Grant.  Very popular among certain cruisers.  Not one of our favorites.  Not sure where he is now but he moves around on various cruise lines.

According to a quick web search his next performance is a March cruise on HAL Konigsdam  where looks like he will be giving private performances each evening in the Crows Nest for those who sign up  through a group booking for a special Perry Grant cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, voljeep said:

we walked out on Kory Simon ... again, just not our style in that environment ... maybe as a lounge act in another venue ...

Fully agree. He never seemed to have many people listening to him play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Bert Stratton still performing on Princess ships?  Saw him on three different ships and he was fantastic.  Most nights he had standing room only for his performance.

 

Dennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • NCL Sail-Away Giveaway Sweepstakes - Win a 7-Day Cruise on Norwegian Joy!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...